Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS UNDER CONTROL. I was just at a race, where a guy was talking about taking people out if he wasn't winning, before the A-main started. During the A-main stock he wasn't winning so he started to hit any one that was close enough to him on the track. for about 3 minutes of the run he was just hacking the rest of us. Some of us told him of are displeasure with him after the race. But at this point we still have a 19 turn race with him in it. Should we have asked him to leave after the stock race, meaning not allowed to race 19 turn. He did race in the 19 turn heat where he only made 9 laps due to trying to hit another car and crashing and breaking. Now at this point what should we do as racers and what should the track owner do? If it were up to me I would never care to race with this guy again. I would just like to hear some ideas, please no bashing. I would like this thread to be constructive as possible not flaming and name calling. When I first started racing, most tracks did allot better job of calling the race and telling drivers to move over for the faster cars and the leaders lapping you. They seemed to enforce good driving so the guys in the race didn’t have to yell at a guy to tell them they were leading or they’re faster. I would like to see some more from the announcers.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

people like that ruin the hobby, alot of people spend alot of time and money on these toy cars, and for someone to intentionally take someone out is bad sportsmanship. IMO...The guy should be kicked out of the track for a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank, part of the problem is, this guy only races a few times a year at this track. So it might be a month or more before he comes back.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I would suggest that he be addded to a talk to list and when he runs again that if he hacks as he did then he will be banned from the track. No need for that.

Or if he is running for points he gets none. Only fair to the rest of the racers that way.

Like to see him do that at a money race. Would not make it out without something happening.

The race director should have pulled him aside adn talked to him before he ran again also - if there were that many unhappy racers he hacked.

You probably know if you did it to him that the guy would cry a river.

mc

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The owner of the track nicely anounced before the 19 turn main to keep this one clean. So rctazmanmc you would ban him from the track as of now since he hacked in both mains. Or are you saying to allow him to return and see if he does it agian. I don't believe anything you can do to the driver, take points away, ask him not to come back, don't give him a prize, etc. will ever be fair to the person who he took out. theirs no making up for a broken car in the Main, you won't be awarded the spot you lost due to the crash.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've been through the same thing, Mike...visited a track two times, whereas the first time they knew we (the club racers that went with me) were competition. The second time racing there one of their expert drivers intentionally removed me from the race and quite a few people saw it and commented. Was I pissed? sure, but I run into those types of people all the time. I confronted the track owner and he seemed pretty careless about the ordeal, even defended what the driver did. They lost 7 racers as we informed them we would never return...I'm sure it didn't hurt their business, but it keeps my integrity.

Our club has removed people from the track before for such things, regardless of who they are. Unfortunately, unless the club does something about it, the result will be more disgruntled drivers. IMHO, the club or track owner should warn the driver twice, remove the driver permanently the third time. I know it sounds harsh, but this hobby is fun, and those types of drivers make it 'not' fun. Some of the time those drivers straighten up when there are used to set an example, at least that's been our experience.

·
Registered
716 Posts
This may get some flames....but if you are racing in an Expert class, you shouldn't need an announcer or someone to tell you who the leader is and when they are passing you. Besides, many times there are people just as fast as the leader, but they aren't in 1st place...so they really shouldn't be *letting* the leader by anyways...if you can run with the leader, then do it! However, don't cost him any time either. :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
The owner of the track nicely anounced before the 19 turn main to keep this one clean. So rctazmanmc you would ban him from the track as of now since he hacked in both mains. Or are you saying to allow him to return and see if he does it agian. I don't believe anything you can do to the driver, take points away, ask him not to come back, don't give him a prize, etc. will ever be fair to the person who he took out. theirs no making up for a broken car in the Main, you won't be awarded the spot you lost due to the crash.
To be fair I would say talk to him before doing anything drastic but if they contend and fight it then deal with a strict hand.

The sport we participate in is not huge so some clubs will need racers to support them but there is not need to hack to win. If that is the case I think more people would be doing it if they could get away with it.

I personally get there heck out of there way because most times I end up passing them in a lap or so since they stuff it into the wall somewhere.

Each track ownere is different and there are loose guidlines but then there are the people that search for the loop hole to get an advantage.

mc

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I've removed my original post here because (while trying to be humorous) it may have encouraged behaviour that might make this type of situation worse.

Let me say instead that I've experienced this type of situation first hand and there is no 1 best way to handle it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wow, I'm actually dissappointed here. Racers taking the very same actions back at other racers? That's sad, people. I certainly wasn't raised to retaliate and lower myself to someone else's behavior. There are correct and incorrect ways to conclude the situation, and retaliating isn't one of them in this scenario. Doing what Indy and kbeller suggest is just as bad, if not worse, than what the 'jerk' is doing.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys, lets keep this thread on track. I don't want it getting any worse. I'm really looking for an answer for this. At this point my opion is a complete banning of this driver.

·
Registered
124 Posts
O.K Talk to an offical and have him watch the particular car or individual if the behavior is kept up ban him for a week if this doesnot cure the problem the ban him for longer. If he truely is a racer he will either quit or get the message. We can't all win but that's why we keep comming back wekk after week.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If the racers won't police themselves, and the racer director won't police the racers, then you only have 2 options if you won't "take matters into your own hand".

1. Ignore it
2. Find somewhere else to race.

Parts of my previous post were a little tongue-in-cheek, which may not have been obvious. However, it is my experience racing oval that some racers will abuse other racers because they know that they can get away with it. I've seen some race directors even encourage dirty driving by lack of action. I am not suggesting that anyone stoop to another racer's level. I am however suggesting that there are different ways to approach this type of behaviour. The fact of the matter is that there are some racers that will race you dirty if they know that you won't do anything about it - be that on or off the track.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i dont know about banning someone but sitting him out for mains/races after this behavior would be ok unless he keeps doing it...then ban. some people just handle stress weird but by no means just let him get away with it. if he keeps doing it just make him buy the parts to fix the cars and if he wont good enough reason to ban there too....lol

1 - 20 of 80 Posts