Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What entails within my garage is some wild and highly modded pieces, some are one off, others shaved to death and a few unfinished. Take a peek, enjoy your look.. when ya done hit me up and let me know what ya think.

Ill start off with one that i dont have at all anymore, it got warped after opening the doors, it will be built again. Heres what was done to it: ext cab cut to a standard cab, doors cut open and hinged, hood hinged, gas door hinged and plumbed, grille area opened as well as lower valence, molded in tailgate with Chevrolet popping thru the gate from a 65 chevy stepside, fully scratch built frame, cambered on a 4 corners with a rx7 rearend. Dubcity ford gt rims, added styrene in the bed and put in a hinged tonneau cover lower in the bed, sliding rear window, engine runs off a battery for a watch, right hand drive interior from escalade dash parts... a real showstopper that never saw the likes of paint.

Was gonna go with a hydraulic setup for the movement to get it off the ground to make it stand out from the run of the mill airbagged truck builds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is the one they call transformer. All suspension moves, steering steers, 16- hinges let it all move freely.. yet to be finished.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go back to history...if not for good ole Henry Ford to give poor ole mr. Chevrolet and the dodge brothers jobs....they wouldnt have a foot to stand on in the first place. Amazing how they went from nobodys to somebody's from just one job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Somebody at the time, think it was scale auto's site, and someone said ya cant lay out on semi rims under a stock dually bed...that kicked part of a build. The other is that the idea of the truck, was a round piece of sheet styrene. The very first piece of this truck was the inside of the jacuzzi walls. From there it just went on and on... it has one snaptite/promo ext cab dually...a standard cab long bed promo.... and a 454SS that had a previous life.

After getting all of the Jacuzzi and seating taken care of, i added a sliding tv that did come out of the body behind the jacuzzi, as well as a license plate and antenna...only thing remaining from all three is the frenched and adjustable antenna. Just a lil history on it.

And yanno, its still a w.i.p. and always will be. Once i get where i want with airbrushing..its getting updated and painted up 90's minitruck type style. All jagged edges, checker flag, swiss, tribal and traditional flames..wharever works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The next one is my first for sure lowrider. Joint venture between friends. Hack Shack just had started in a small shop outside my moms place, kelvin a life long very good friend of mine went in half with me on the paint. This is his first airbrush paibt job keep in mind. He speayed the planet green base over the entire car, once it was cured i added my flair of the pattern job. 6 hours later i sprayed the patterns straight over the green with pearl white in several light coats to get the color on the car. Pulled tape cleared and this is:

Peppermint Kandy '67.

This car went to its first show, and made it into scale auto magazine.. now its on retiree row. Could not believe how shocked i was when this one made the book. Still amazed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts