Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the worst luck in the World. Tested positive for Swine Flu. The sickest I have ever been in my life. Down hard. Feel like a Wagner Power Painter. Don't dare caugh, or sneeze. I am suddenly very unpopular, I havn't sleep in five days.

Herb

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take it VERY easy! This is a bad one. I've been dealing with it for three weeks--the first two are not something I would like to revisit in this lifetime. Get plenty of rest and don't rush it.

Hope you begin to feel better soon! :thumbsup:

Augie

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I am sorry to hear that - As Augie said, take it VERY easy - And definitely do not rush back to full speed. I hope you start feeling better soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Hope you get well soon!
On the plus side, once you're over it, you can't get it again.
It's not your bad luck. I read that in LA (I think) they're not even testing for it anymore - over 90% of the flu there is H1N1 so they're now just taking it as a given.
Just keep thinking about that Jupiter 2 under the Christmas tree. That thought should sustain most of us through the toughest of times.
Take care.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this sounds weird, but If I had the J-2 kit now, the box seems just large enough to snuggle with! ....I need more Scotch...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Man, this is scary, took my Mom in for her shot, none to be had, doctor said they cood sell all the shots they wanted for over a hundred bucks each, thats how many people are frightened of getting the flu,

get well soon

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had the flu, and I was not scared.
Yes I was sick, very sick, but my immune system made me better.
Try it some times, and forget the vaccine, its full of mercury.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Been where you are Herb, and you have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I tell ya, whoever said the h1n1 was mild hasn't had it!!!

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
I empathize with the severity of this particular bug. Been hospitalized twice in the past 10 years for "regular" bouts with the flu (my immune system aint what it ought to be since a spleenectomy 15 years ago). Didn't know a body could feel that bad and still be alive.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey Ductape
I have good news for you. I've read cientist saying that people whose have got the h1n1 in this first wave of the flu will be immunized on the next wave which, as they expect, is supposed to be more violent then the first, just like the so called "spanish flu" back in the twenties.
So, in a sense, you are a lucky guy.
My best wishes for get you back on the hobby!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Sorry to hear this, Ductapeforever! Will keep you, your family, friends and co-workers in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Just keep thinking about that Jupiter 2 under the Christmas tree. That thought should sustain most of us through the toughest of times.

Ditto that sentiment; looking forward to the BIG Seaview is what saw me through my angioplasty. :thumbsup:
As for Ron's recommendation of the anti-viral herb Astragalus, I've never tried it, but my neurotic macrobiotic souffle' arrogant vegetarein hippy of a kareoke-singing sister swears by it, so there just might be something to it.
Good luck & get well soon! :hat:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hope you guys are both recovering well. I had the regular flu about 2.5 years ago. I was getting sick every year with at least 2 colds for 8 years straight at that point. I had had enough and decided to completely avoid coworkers as best as possible when they got sick. Wash my hands every time someone walked past me with a cold or cough. Hate to say it but I have become quite the germaphobe.:(

I also began taking AIRBORNE. Dont laugh. YES I know about the lawsuit a couple years ago, but that was because of people who misread the label thinking it was a cure for the common cold.:rolleyes:

At best Airborne is a multivitamin that will at the very least reduce your chances of getting a cold or maybe even the flu or shorten one.

It has now been 2.5 years since I had the flu and a cold. The most I have gotten was a small sinus infection last year that gave me the sniffles for 3 days. My sister has also used it and it has reduced her colds as well. She had a minor cold after 3 years last year.

Knock on wood though I have a feeling my luck is going to run out this year.

Most important thing is:

-Keep your hands clean
-Dont touch your face in public or eat before washing hands
-take some sort of daily vitamin or juice
-avoid people you know are sick as best you can.(I know its hard in a work environment, but if you have to be a jerk about it so be it. If someone wants to come into work sick its your right to let them know you dont want them too close to you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts