Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I continued to break out of my "slump", went to my favorite WM and found the Street Freaks Mini Cooper W/L... seems a lot of WM's got new stuff in recently (shouldn't have gone so many days without checking, might have found even more!). The next WM I went to, a guy was standing in front of the JL's, looking. A quick glance showed that he was holding an '83 H/O in his hands ....... is he "connected" and knows what it is he's holding, or is he not "one of us" and just a regular Olds nut..???? The seconds tick, before he turns to me and starts telling me that he owns a '70 442 but the newer G Bodies never did a thing for him, and starts to hang it back up. I said "I remember going up against one of those when I had my Grand National, can I take a look at that???". He hands it over, and walks away. Whew!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I almost got fooled by the '89 Honda with the white wheels, until I saw three of them (nobody gets that lucky, I correctly figured!

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Yup, that's what he's talking about. That's a funny story. Congrats dude.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Oh, I almost got fooled by the '89 Honda with the white wheels, until I saw three of them (nobody gets that lucky, I correctly figured!
You may not have gotten that lucky that day, but make no mistake. I have found 3 at a time on a couple of occasions. There have been other times when I got to go through 6 or more inners in 1 visit, to find no WLs. Several times I have found WLs 2 at a time hanging on the pegs. My last score was a twofer. I picked up a WL Street Freaks Mitsubishi and a WT Mustang Mach 1, as well as a set of chrome Batmobiles, which was also a score for me!

You just never know.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, I meant the Hurst Olds, sorry......my heart was racing every second he pondered it,LOL.... duplicate W/Ls on the pegs, I wouldn't have ever thought it happened... thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts