Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
32,869 Posts
I realize that the tampo could have been removed from the green one without them, but is there definitly a coupe version without tampos and a rally version with them - of this casting? (And likewise for all the others?

I see were @juantoo3 notes the last casting to be a Serie Club issue. Are all of these Serie Clubs or are some of them from the Campeon series? All the wheels seem to be the same, but I am noticing 3 different window colors. Can that package be used to identiy a Serie Club casting consistently?

Is there a significance to the different window colors that is known?

:lurk5:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My knowledge is limited, I am still learning. Verbigracia was selling his extensive collection and I saw it as an opportunity to get a nice representative sample of the brand, and with his permission I documented what he had available. Those images are over "there," the images here are mine of the pieces I was able to acquire from him. His comments about the Serie Club issues is verbatim what he posted over there, and quoted here on the model list for ease of finding.

My understanding, subject to correction from someone better versed in this line of models, is that the Serie Club was an effort to make a "cheaper" line of models, initially and primarily of retiring models, by eliminating interiors and making the glazing so you couldn't see inside. There were a few new models created for the line, but it proved unpopular overall and was dropped after only a few years, which marked the end of (most of?) the models that had been transferred. Because the line was not popular, the Serie Club models tend to be even more scarce than the Campeon models. Since the Serie Club issues were so few, I only note them and do not bother noting the far more common Campeon issues, that is implied.

Simply as a matter of note, the "tampo" on the green one is actually an adhesive sticker. Yes, it is possible it can be removed, but I trust Verbigracia that the green was also issued without the sticker. Of note, the interiors on the two green models are different as well... ;) which indicates different releases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts