Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this yesterday in the mail (regular and wl version):

Very guilty feeling, I know they are trying to resolve the distribution of this car with Cool Collectibles & I'm not sure how this one got out. I'm assuming it's a test sample, as the cars are packaged but not numbered. Very cool car, hopefully these will all see the light of day at some point.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
...Wow..!..that's one nice GTO....congrats on being able to land this one....away with the guilt though...these eventually will start showing up for sale..what a nice addition to your collection...
...and Congrats on your 2000 Post...!! :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Congrats on a truly awesome WL! :thumbsup: That is really sharp.

The HT jury finds you innocent of all charges. Case dismissed. :lol:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if not me, then someone else would have gotten it. Still love to know where this came from.

Thanks for the note on 2000 - who'da thunk I had that much to say???

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
70XR7 said:
Well, if not me, then someone else would have gotten it. Still love to know where this came from.

Thanks for the note on 2000 - who'da thunk I had that much to say???
i bought one of those sets off evilbay awhile back too. it was later on here that i found out that the seller is sneaking them from the warehouse.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
i bought one of those sets off evilbay awhile back too. it was later on here that i found out that the seller is sneaking them from the warehouse.

It would seem to me that this particular "seller" would be putting himself in danger of being caught and prosecuted for sneaking (is that a nice word for stealing?) these from the warehouse and then selling them. It wouldn't be to difficult for the authorities to find out who he/she is.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are yours also missing the serial number? I'm not sure how that could happen, since they are sealed up. I just assumed they were some sort of package preview/test.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
70XR7 said:
Are yours also missing the serial number? I'm not sure how that could happen, since they are sealed up. I just assumed they were some sort of package preview/test.
yes, neither the white lightning nor the regular have serial #s on them. i'm wondering if the seller snagged them right after they were produced. i noticed the seller has been selling other cool collectibles every so often too. i wonder if any of them have serial numbers as well? i've seen him selling already released CC cars along with the plain black 66 GTO with white lightning version which also has yet to be released.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Dadvball said:
It would seem to me that this particular "seller" would be putting himself in danger of being caught and prosecuted for sneaking (is that a nice word for stealing?) these from the warehouse and then selling them. It wouldn't be to difficult for the authorities to find out who he/she is.
yes, i am suprised to see he/she hasn't been caught yet. it seems like only a small group of people would have access to these?? i believe it was jeff @ CC that contacted me about mine when i posted them awhile back. i let him know the sellers name and would have thought he would have been able to put a stop to it. it certainly shouldn't take much to get the sellers name and contact info to bust him!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Very nice BWF GTO...... regular version and the WL version! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
This is a very puzzling situation. The cars were commissioned by Jeff (Cool Collectibles) and while none of us are privy to the details, I would imagine Jeff has some sort of financial deposit on them and regardless of the money situation, these cars have his logo on the package and he should have some right to that, I would think.

So the question is: how is this seller getting these cars? Are they an RC2 employee? (I don't believe so; their address is NY). And does Jeff (or RC2!) have a legitimate beef with this seller?

I'd have to say that if Jeff isn't in a position to secure the release of these cars, while the manufacturer may have a desire to sell them and recoup their investment, Jeff's logo may preclude their release and these cars could possibly never see the light of day; which would make the few sold on E Bay a very rare and desirable BWF JL.....

.... unless RC2 decides to re-card them :freak:

We at Johnny Jam have contacted Jeff about the possibility of buying a number of identical castings to use for our "Event" car this year, with us getting a break on a pretty uncommon casting while helping Jeff get closer to his goal of securing the release of these BWFs. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just to throw my 2 cents in. In January I was at a car show in Atlantic City.I stopped at a table that had a lot of diecast. I asked if he had any White Lightnings.He produced 2 big boxes from under a table.Box 1 had all old/bent cards. Box 2 was all Cool Collecibles W/L's.In the box were 2 66 GTO w/flames and 2 66 GTO's w/o flames and solid wheels.I bought 1 of each. No serial numbers on the chassis.

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts