Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using Tyco track on my slot car/Tyco train layout and I want to run some of my Tomy/AFX Megs G cars but the guide pin bottoms out when it hits the railroad crossing track. (My 440 x2 cars have no issue.) Is there a shorter guide pin made for Mega G or do I just have to trim the pin that's on the car?
Thanks for any help.
Patrick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the G+ guide pins were a bit shorter. I have some metal guide pins that are shorter than the MG+ ones. PM me your address and I will send you a couple.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie for the offer. I think I actually have 1 or 2. I just have to find them. I'll let you know

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The Tyco guide pins may not be a perfect fit in a Tomy car. I could try to measure the diameter of the part that fits into the chassis, but I do not think that my calipers will fit. You will have to check that yourself. If it was me I would just grind a little off of the end of the Tomy guides. Use a very light touch or you will take off too much.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I took measurements of Tomy and Tyco guide pins yesterday. Both makes are nearly the same diameter where they fit into the frame. The distance between the flanges is greater with Tyco pins, 0.077" VS 0.0585". Tyco pins are a little shorter, 0.1335" VS 0.147" for Tomy pins. If you use a Tyco pin in a Tomy chassis you might want to glue it in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts