Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm back into 1/32 cars after a long run with HO cars. Love 'em but they are too fast and too small for my tired eyes and reflexes. That and the fact that NOBODY around Seattle seems to want to race t-jets anymore.

So, my subject. Guide Flag Stops. I bought a few Scally cars to get myself going since I am in the process of building a 13' X 4' Digital layout. It's all analog for now as I am waiting for the new 6 car Scalextric Digital power base to come out. December is what I am hearing. But I digress.

After years of racing HO cars I am having a hard time adjusting to the sudden and violent deslots when the guide flag hits it's pivoting stop point while drifting out in a curve. It seems like 40 to 45 degrees off of straight center and BAM out she goes. I know Scalextric makes drift cars which go 360 and even run in opposite directions, not really something desirable, on a Digital track especially. :tongue: So, I am wondering, is there a replacement guide flag for Scalextric, or anybody for that matter that will allow something closer to a 90 degree slide out? Or am I just going to have to change the way I drive?

Later! The finding room for 1/32 by covering my routed 4 lane HO track with some boards and blocks Rockinator

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
we usually do a bit of shaving,but yeah they don't drive at all like ho cars,as the pin in a tjet allows for greater drift.just take a close look at the guide flag and you will see where it hits its limit and why.a lttle exacto magic,and voila!more drift.thing is of course,the more you drift,the slower you are negotiating the corner.iw ould recommend aftermarket tires,or stronger traction magnets.but we don't race with magnets,so it's all about driving style for us...also when increasing the drift on the car by modifying the flag,it makes the car harder to marshal...one more thing,with the ass end of the car perpendicular to the slot,sometimes the car just gets stuck spinning out in place and can't right itself.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
And another note..

But be careful trimming things. When the chassis is trimmed to allow more movement of the guide flag it could weaken the chassis at the point behind the flag causing it to possibly break.
Just a note of warning.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
good point there.i try to avoid mods of this nature aswell,but sometimes i just want more travel.sometimes we will use a dob of hot glue to reinforce weak spots...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts