Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard what the scoop is with the GTO wagon?? From what I gathered from the HW collectors site it should have been released last month, but it's not showing up on the regular HW site, and I have yet to see them in the stores.. Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I've yet to see any of the new Classics 5 releases hit Wal mart yet locally. I have seen some pics on this site and others of people who have found them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
That's one casting I've yet to see in a store. Come to think of it, there are no series 5 Classics anywhere in retail stores..:rolleyes::confused:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Went by the grocery store on the way home from work and counted three red GTO wagons still hanging on the pegs. I got my one three weeks ago, and left the rest for whoever wants them. The store gets 3.49 plus tax from me when I buy. If anyone here wants one bad enough, let me know and I'll help you out for cost of the car and shipping, I'll include the receipt so you can see I'm not making a dime. Just email me or PM me, whichever is easier and I'll do what I can to help.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went by the grocery store on the way home from work and counted three red GTO wagons still hanging on the pegs. I got my one three weeks ago, and left the rest for whoever wants them. The store gets 3.49 plus tax from me when I buy. If anyone here wants one bad enough, let me know and I'll help you out for cost of the car and shipping, I'll include the receipt so you can see I'm not making a dime. Just email me or PM me, whichever is easier and I'll do what I can to help.
If you can still find these I'd love a couple. I'll cover the cost, postage and throw a couple more $$ on top for your trouble. My Wally World put the last few Classics on clearance and aren't restocking them. Color isn't important as I can always repaint them. Send me a PM if you can do this for me, and I'll paypal the funds to you when you give me a total due.. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you can still find these I'd love a couple. I'll cover the cost, postage and throw a couple more $$ on top for your trouble. My Wally World put the last few Classics on clearance and aren't restocking them. Color isn't important as I can always repaint them. Send me a PM if you can do this for me, and I'll paypal the funds to you when you give me a total due.. Thanks, Joe
Somebody else beat you to it, I sent two to Canada a couple of weeks ago. I have one I can spare if you want it, JLMK and I'll help you like I did for him. But I cleaned those out of that store awhile back now.

There's still a lot sitting on the pegs. I cleaned out the Caddy Funny Car in ice blue, but there are a couple colors of the 8 crate and fish'd & chip'd and gto vert, the other day there was still a few of the purple dune buggy, the gold-brown model A truck, the blue '56 Ford truck, blue Chevelle SS, green Monte, couple colors of Tucker, and quite a few from last year (there's a few black Boss Hoss trikes...I've got my fill) and a smattering from before then. I don't expect this store to be getting any more new stock soon, I keep hoping they will do one of their half price deals they used to do fairly often, but its been awhile. If I catch the sale I will probably stock up on the ones I like. They did sneak in a batch of JL anniversary and I think I pretty well cleaned most of them out. Got the Lightning Rods set (3) from another location of this store...2 full sets hanging pretty as you please, so I got the extra Daytona and opened 'er up to put in the display case.

I really like the Classics and I'm really torqued that they are goofing around with them this year and bringing the series to an end. I think it is the best series HW has done since the original redlines.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I was in Walmart last night and found a Sealed Case of Series 5 Classics and
they all rang up for 0.10c ea.....Yes I bought the whole Case for $1.20+tax

I couldn't leave them for someone else, so I was doing the happy dance to
my Car.

·
Registered
499 Posts
LOL! Reminds me of that Ikea commercial, "start the car!" Start the Car! whoooooooooooooo..... that's a nice find, I'd have done the same thing :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts