Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have a few questions about the GTB. first off if anyone would like to share pics of there cars with the body off so i could see how, and where they are mounting there gtb's. im curious what others are doing. it is a littler bigger then im use to as far as speedos go and also there are more wires. so that would big help to me and possibly others. i happen to run a CW solid car so for me pics of those cars with the brushless system in it would be best for me. thanks!

also i have a question about profile set up. right now i set it up using the standard profile. profile 1 i believe? so far i like that car but it seems that it has more drag when i let off then i want. i think its standard 20% in profile 1 so is that to much and are others changing that? just a option i want to look into.

one last thing i really would want to know is where exactly i could get replaceable wires for my gtb. mounting my speedo the first time i put it in a spot that let me cut my wires short. now i wanna move it around the chassis and the wires arnet long enough for me to move anyplace. so please if anyone has info on where i can get the wires i need that would be very appreciated. like does Novak sell a wire kit? is there a part number? i asked at my local hobby shop and they didnt have it if there was one. but if i had a part number i could get what i need. and the standard wire is 14 gauge. but would i be dumb to try 16 to lesson the weight a bit? im running 4cell with the 4300.

so anyone with answers to any of these questions or pics please feel free to post. thank everyone in advance!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow JD you really helped me out on the wires question. and i have heard people taking off the heatsink. so far i havent. the fan is off though. im wondering if taking off the heatsink could be a good or bad thing though id hate to blow it up. its just so new to me. thanks for the LinK!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
No problem! Try page 15 in the CW support thread, there are two pictures down at the bottom of what I'm talking about with the shock brace. I was thinking that my buddies was a solid, but I remember now it was a slider. I had an older solid and the shock mount was flat across the bottom, but on his slider, the shock mount was cut out on the left side to get some extra clearance.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
I used the default profile #1 but I put the drag brake 20% at "0". (I beleive it's the drag brake that had the 20% in it). Works fine for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks andy about the drag brake thing. cuase i was thinking to do the same thing. even in my brushed cars i always have alot of "roll" in it with the radio settings. so i think drag isnt for me either.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I have my min drive % at the lowest setting. So as not to slip the diff too much from a dead stop.

These Novak brushless motors have huge torque and can slip a diff easily.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Where did I see on here about different companies making a replaceable top plate for the GTB ?

Basically a 4 cell unit ???

Whats novaks thoughts on this ?

4 cell oval with a 13.5 motor ,,, what do you think the amp draw will be and how much is one tasking the GTB unit ??

Thanks for your response

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Novak does not seem to have a problem with removing the heatsink. That is why they offered the 4 cell unit. Just remember to preserve the thermal paste on top of the FETS when you take off the heatsink.

The 13.5 does not tax a GTB at all.

Amp draw of course depends on track and set up. For a typical flat oval with a car that is working decent I'd guess the average is around maybe 25A.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
How can the GTB dissipate much heat thru the sink as it has a pad below it , seems non-conductive and wouldn't transfer much ???

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
NCFRC said:
How can the GTB dissipate much heat thru the sink as it has a pad below it , seems non-conductive and wouldn't transfer much ???

The "pad" is thermally conductive paste. So, yes it allows heat to transfer from the FETS to the heatsink.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts