Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at doing a second car.. i have the opportunity to get a super sport esc for a good price.. i was curious if anyone has noticed, or knows of a performance difference.. I understand one is huge compared to the other.. Is weigh the only difference??? I run a sphere now in my 13.5 car...

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Hey burbs i ran a SS in 4300 car for a few weeks befor I went to a lrp sphere and did not notice any diffrence .I run a Gen 2 so I could flip the SS on its side and mount it in front of the left wheel.

Jake

·
Registered
137 Posts
Last season at the Tri-Clone indoor track, I ran a couple of races in 4300 with the SS, and even though I never got the car handling quite right, I felt like I had just as much power/speed down the straight as anyone else. This year I ran the 4300 with a GTB a few times, and haven't noticed a difference in performance.

I'm now running my SS with a 13.5 motor in the Late Model class, and again, I don't think I'm lacking power off the turn or speed down the straight. My lap times are around 3.6, with a few high 3.5s thrown in. Like I said, I still need to work on the chassis more, but I'm happy with the ESC performance. I left mine stock with the heatsink and capacitor. It barely gets warm after a 100 lap race, around 6 minutes.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Burbs,
Gotta nice Novak SS that has very little use on it. Been running the blue one this year. Didn't run much B/L last year. Make me an offer I can't refuse!!! :thumbsup:

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
Burbs,
I have to agree with the rest of these guys. The only difference between ANY of the popular sensored brushless speedos is physical dimensions.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
You'd have to open up the speedo case on the SS to do it. I don't think you'd want to do it though. Unlike the GTB the SS really needs a heatsink.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have been running my SS with nothing on it for a little while now, not one problem so far, this is with a 4300. I run as much gear as everyone with the GTB's and the FET plate isn't even hot when I come off the track. On the thread linked toby marig there is instructions on how to remove the heatsink properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts