Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my GTB with my 13.5 for about a month and this last weekend I ran a race where brushless stock wasn't allowed. Rather than switch out the esc like some people did, I followed the directions and switched it to brushed mode. It took a few attempts but I got it. Now the race is over and I followed the directions to switch it to the brushless mode and it doesn't work. Actually after a few attempts I put my brushed motor back in and it worked which shows me nothing actually changed in my settings.

What I did:
with the sensor unplugged. turned the switch on while holding the set button.
Held it until the Red and Blue were solid.
I let go of the set button.
it flashed 9 times
then I pressed and released the button
** this is where it differs from the directions.
It's supposed to flash green and red. But the green, red, AND blue are flashing.

Any suggestions?? ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Go through the programming AGAIN... For some reason I had the same issue.. I had to reprogram it twice..Back to BL mode.. on the second try it worked perfectly.. Not sure what or why that was the case.. :confused:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kenwood. I was about to send it back to Novak! I finally got it to work after about 20 tries. And I'm not even sure what I did different to make it work. Either way, I'm back to brushless!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Glad I could help...I wish I knew why reprograming multiple times worked..But I suppose If I understood all of it Id be making my own controller...LOL

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
i use my gtb in brushed mod almost all the time since i like to race stock and the places i race still only allow brushed. it is very efficient at .00040 ohms i would say it is among the lowest of any esc made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts