Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I run the GTB in a couple 1c classes - sometimes I run a rec. pack, sometimes I don't...

I run On-Road 235mm Pan Car w/ no timing / 10.5 - I generally run the rec. pack in that, because w/o it, it pulls enough amps to interfere w/ the servo under load.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Run a receiver pack, you're electronics are going to be happier.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Run a receiver pack, you're electronics are going to be happier.
Why will they be happier?

I run a GTB on 1S with a 17.5 in a Legend with no booster or receiver pack and have received no complaints from my electronics: Never a missed lap from my transponder, never too slow steering from my servo, nor a hint of a glitch from my receiver.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts

I run a GTB on 1S with a 17.5 in a Legend with no booster or receiver pack and have received no complaints from my electronics: Never a missed lap from my transponder, never too slow steering from my servo, nor a hint of a glitch from my receiver.
That's cause a Legend doesn't know what "Happiness" is! ;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Legend's you'll prolly wont have an issue,but faster classes when the amp draw goes up may encounter transponder not counting every lap,servo get's slower,depending on servo amp draw might see servo almost act funny?

The servo and the transponder are going to respond and act like normal with the correct operating voltage to the receiver and not draw from the battery pack. Possible you may pick up some on the backside of the run? especially if you have a high amp drawing servo, i know the savox stuff is high amp draw and runs best with correct voltage, we've seen this on a 17five car oval car, and a 17five 12th scale on-road car

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
my gtb works fine 99.9% of the time with out a receiver pack, it will only miss a lap when you most want it, A main and leading.

run a receiver pack for peice of mind.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Legend's you'll prolly wont have an issue,but faster classes when the amp draw goes up may encounter transponder not counting every lap,servo get's slower,depending on servo amp draw might see servo almost act funny?
I'm running a 1/12 scale analog servo (airtronics 94145) and an MRT transponder. MRTs are supposed to be good down to 2.8V.

my gtb works fine 99.9% of the time with out a receiver pack, it will only miss a lap when you most want it, A main and leading.

run a receiver pack for peice of mind.
MRT or AMB transponder?

Since I'm never in the lead in that class I guess I have nothing to worry about.:lol:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
yeah ,the older amb's would not count when pack voltage got to low,thats when novak made that little booster years ago to help voltage up with the 12th scale and oval,cars back with round cells, i was one of the first to start using lipo receiver packs on the west coast,i think in 2004 in 4 cell promod, never missed a lap,had killer voltage to servo,and the electronics just were happier, plus it helped some with runtime.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I'm running a 1/12 scale analog servo (airtronics 94145) and an MRT transponder. MRTs are supposed to be good down to 2.8V.

MRT or AMB transponder?

Since I'm never in the lead in that class I guess I have nothing to worry about.:lol:
with amb I need a receiver pack.

with mrt it works perfect, never misses a lap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts