Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb question guys...which of these speed controls would be a better choice for 1s brushless lipo racing and why or would it matter at all? Also, its my understanding that the gtb will work for 1s racing with no additonal external pack or power source, is that correct? Thanks Beach

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I have a 4-cell GTB "spread spectrum" that I have run in 13.5 and 10.5 1s without a receiver pack with zero problems. I don't think there is any internal difference in the different GTB's

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
the only problem i have seen is your personal may not count at the end of a run. we've had a guy have this problem at 2 different tracks. both tracks have their loops when your coming out of a corner and your on full power.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I have heard of similar issues w/ the transponder (AMB personals). The guys who use the MRT Clones have NO problem, those work on Lower voltage...

I know MOD 4 cell on some tracks, I had the transponder NO COUNT issues I had to deal with. Some of the guys ran rec. packs to fix it, and it seems to me using the Capacitor in the REC. stopped the issues too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys (and J-Dub lol) one more question...about gearing...ballpark idea on pinion for rosewood with 88 spur, tires are uncut, maybe 2.1 or 2.2, a novak havoc 1s esc with 17.5 ballistic adjustable timing motor and what pinion for the same setup with a gtb(have both) thanks for all the help beach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts