Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I don't much care for fantasy or concepts and this casting in particular is uneventful. But you have brought it to life, it looks like something you'd see on the salt flats. Awesome color, great job I may have to reconsider this one for my collection!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everybody.

As a rule I don't care much fore the fantasy cars either but there were so many lines and such a large surface area I thought it would be a good choice to showcase the paint.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
"Uneventful":eek:....To each their own but I got to disagree. Its a "Salt Flat Streamliner" in every respect. Something that, at least by my collection of "streamliners" hasn't been addressed that much by HWs or anyone else for that matter. The tilt up body reveals one heck of a power plant that is left to one's imagination as to what actually combines, reacts, combusts or infuses to propel this sucker down Bonneville at what has to be close light speed. :rolleyes::p

There's also something......I don't quite know what.:rolleyes: I see potential for a use of junk parts. Dissection as well as grafting. I've picked up several of these over the years just for that purpose. Haven't done anything with them yet.....But I will.

Good shots by the way. What kind of camera you got?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using a Cannon Powershot. I don't know enough about cameras to set everything myself so after the basic setup I let it focus the picture itself. I do notice that sometime the front of the car will be in focus and the other end out of focus but don't know how to remedy it other than moving back a little.

Someone else did a Ground FX custom a while back with some body mods but I can't remember exactly what it entailed.

I was thinking of The Blue Flame when I was working on it, a car from my youth that ran on natural gas, but this doesn't look anything like it. I would like to make one though and may try it sometime.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I used to know alot about 35mm SLR's and how to make them do what I want. Cameras today are a whole different animal. I have the same problem with "depth of field." I know if you decrease the aperture you increase the DOF. I just don't know how on my digital camera. The other thing I have trouble with is viewing the focus "through the lens" as I shoot. Thinking about using a hood like the reeeeal old days.

I really like the streamline saltflatters I'd like to see more casting based on actual cars.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
That came out great. I really like the color. I do like some of the fantasy cars if they have somewhat of a racing theme to them. I will have to look for a few of these myself. Thanks for the pics, and nice job!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts