Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Acme today, and they put out a small shipper. It looks like a gorilla collector got there before me because all the cards where badly bent (happened before). They must of missed these ones! I already have a better Wheldon, so I am going to let this one free. I also remember during the last shipper the cards where badly bent, and saw a Ducati bent card T-hunt last time but I passed.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Some folks would rather mess them up when they can't buy than let someone else enjoy them. sickos..nice finds

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Some folks would rather mess them up when they can't buy than let someone else enjoy them. sickos..nice finds
I'm not sure exactly how those cards get looking like that, but condition of the card doesn't matter if the car is to be in my collection. The ones I set aside for my nephew are all on nice cards.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Those shippers aren't exactly conducive to a thorough search. The cards in the back are always shifting behind the shelves, catching on the ones below. The only convenient way to grab a car off one of them is by the blister. So you either take a long time searching them all, or you grab and go, and take your chances.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The Malibu is one of my favorites for this year and nice find with the Dan Wheldon car.
Cars in shippers for the most part don't move all that much. Granted like Tolemar said, the ones in the back sometimes slip and catch the card below. Usually the damage comes from people who go through them just looking for certain ones and don't care what condition they end up in.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I really like the Malibu too, all metal, not a big fan of the rims though. There cards could of been bent too because the employees (all of them are very big) sometimes takes cars out of the shippers, and put them on pegs near the checkout lane. If a collector would of done it, Dan Wheldon, and The Malibu would be long gone.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They could have all been bent too if the shipper is one of those end cap style and got tossed around. The cars are only meant to be upright during transit. Normal cases hold the cars nice and tight unlike the shippers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts