Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some business in Hartford yesterday, and Mark (Dad's Coronet) suggested I call him when I finished, as he was a mere 15 min. away. We agreed to meet at a K Mart, did a little hunting, and then he took me grocery shopping (honest!) at a place that actually had a decent assortment of slightly older Johnnies. In between pricing out a gallon of milk, and weighing out some Granny Smith apples, I snuck over to the pegs and found a very nice red '67 GTX from Mopar Muscle .... it just called my name this time around :p ) Had to hit Mark up for .17 when they said they didn't take plastic and I had just the three bucks purchase price on hand (Memo to self: never borrow money from Mark again. The .17 became a buck when he "claimed" not to have any change, and in the parking lot he demanded payment within 24 hours with ungodly "juice" and held a nasty rubber hose as he spoke :drunk: ) :p :p

We then hit a WM where I scored a teal '55 Ford sedan delivery Zinger for a buck, and debated over a Dub City 5 pack with a BWF pickup in it. I don't recall Mark buying a single car at any of the three stores???? Next, Mark treated me to a great burger at a nearby diner before bringing me back to his house where I met his lovely wife Sandy. Mark showed me his extensive die cast collection, most of which his wife has let him display on the garage walls in display cases, the rest he has stored in 48 car carrying cases. Tons of them. They kept coming, and coming, and coming. I think Mark is prolly still in that garage, pulling out cars, and showing me his very favorites! (Mark, I went home, buddy!!!!! Go to bed!!!!!)

Honestly, Mark has a first rate collection that is beautiffully displayed/ and or stored. He's a perfect host as well. (Mark, I finally did make it down the street the right way, in the right direction, and found Fallenballs Rd just fine :thumbsup: )

Another typical fun time, with Dad's Coronet

Oh, and one little "surprise" ...... as I was heading for my car, Mark comes over to shake my hand, and reaches inside his jacket to pull out a car I have been looking for for a while: a Greenlight BWF Dodge Coronet. A very rare event occurred (no, not the lunar eclipse going on!); I - carnut2256 - was speechless. :cool: :lol:

This guy truly is the "RAOK King" of Hobby Talk.

Thanks for the car, thanks for lunch, and thanks for all the fun, Mark. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder about you two. :confused: Spending an awful lot of time together. :lol:

We may have to come up with a special award for Mark at JJ at the rate he's going. (starts kicking around a few ideas)
One of these days I gotta hook up with you two.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Sounds like a great day! I've been out hunting with Mark at those stores, I usually buy more than he does as well. Not sure where he finds all his ROAK materials.

Next time give me a holler, I'd love to join in on the hunt!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ECchopper said:
Sounds like a good time, boys. But....ummm...."Fallenballs Road"????

And did you or did you not buy the Dub City 5 pack?
Was it this truck?

Yes, it was that truck
Yes, after much consideration, it did come home with me
(mental debate:
Gawd that thing is ugly
yeah, but it IS a BWF
but MAN, that thing is ugly, and $9.92 for the set!
Yeah, but one day you're gonna decide to add it, and $9.92 will seem cheap)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Carnut, I enjoyed the read.
Thanks for sharing another of your diecast adventures.
If you keep this up, you will have to write a novel.
Gee, did I say that!
Maybe, I shouldn't give you any more ideas.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Yes, it was that truck
Yes, after much consideration, it did come home with me
(mental debate:
Gawd that thing is ugly
yeah, but it IS a BWF
but MAN, that thing is ugly, and $9.92 for the set!
Yeah, but one day you're gonna decide to add it, and $9.92 will seem cheap)

UGLY!???!!!!
eh. To each his own I guess. It happens to be one of my favorite Chevy Pickemup body styles. That and my S10.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Always a fun adventure getting together with Mr. Nut! And let me set the record straight. In addition to some certain HWs (shshshsh), Rich forced me to take the black '64 Dodge 330, even though I told him they'll probably show up on the pegs soon. He wouldn't hear of it. Now, as a BWF brother (yes, I now qualify) I felt obligated to help out a fellow BWF brother with a BWF he was seeking. Rich has done the same for me as I have acquired a few not-so-easy-to-find BWFs from him - like the Fest '59 Caddy BWF for example. Those puppies don't grow on trees ya know! This guy has a heart of gold! Always a pleasure talkin' diecast with ya, buddy! :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
You two have some interesting times together. One fine day I'd love to take a trip ton Conn. and join in a hunt.

Jad does make some funky looking tucks, but I think I would've purchased the BWF...that one is relatively nice compared to some of their other trucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts