Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is what I meant.......
-Jim

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cool, I'm the first and I voted "don't care". Just get the dang model out, R2!

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
I'm surprised you say that Mr. Warped9;)
-Jim
For the simple reason that the lines were indeed there albeit faintly. On the dvd episodes you can even see them sometimes on closeups in certain shots. The thing is I also can envision a very finely etched line that would be visible sometimes and practically impossible to see other times, all depending on how light hits the surface of the hull. I would rather have that kind of detail rather than a penciled or decal line that would always be visible no matter what the lighting.

IF they can be subtle enough, sure, but I don't think they can get them that subtle, so I'd just as soon they skip 'em.
And they have indeed already said that if they can't get them that subtle then they will forego doing it altogether.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I voted yes. If they are there and the R2 guys can model them finely enough, I don't see the problem in them being there. Some of the ideas that people have come up with on the Collector Model blog regarding intricate plastic framing so you can pencil or etch your own lines in is far too complex for me (and I class myself as an average modeller).

Rob

·
Registered
716 Posts
No, because someone would surely do aftermarket templates that would enable us to draw them easily.

I do think grid lines should be present but just barely.

That being said, if they are faint faint faint faint, barely there, maybe we don't even have to draw them at all and they will meet the need.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Can anyone think of any other subject for a model that would involve this much controversy over a single surface detail that may or may not wind up on the finished product?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts