Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big Hello and Howdy from the high plains of New Mexico!

Just a note to let y'all know I got here safe, and accomplished everything I came to do on this trip.
I rented a house 2 blocks from my boyhood home, and established the utility accounts.
The only thing I didn't do was switch my DL and register the truck, but I forgot the title and figured I'd just make a day of it when we get back.
I figure we'll leave Phoenix Feb.18 or 19 depending on how things shake out over a VERY minor traffic accident Mary got into yesterday (she's fine, bumped a car as she pulled out of a parking lot).

I haven't heard a siren except on tv in four days. A friend rode out with me, spent the first 24 hours whining about how small the place is and hammering on me about my decision to move to "Mayberry in the 50's". He's spent the last three days trying to get me to let him move in with us.

I'm boarding Greyhound in about 2 hours back to Phx, be there tomorrow morning, I'll check in sometime tomorrow.

Love you guys,
John "The Portales Kid" Reilly

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
John,
Good to hear from you! Thanks for keeping us informed. Remember, it's a family here. Looking forward to more PIP pics! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! 18 hours between bus travel and layovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had a little excitement in El Paso, a couple of cabbies got into a fist fight after 1 tried to 'frontload' the other. That was fun.

All I can say about the lav on the bus is this;
If I ever meet the masochistic little mouthbreather that designed the on-board 'comfort station' (as the sign on the door proclaimed it to be), I will absolutely punch him in the face!!!

As I became wedged in the doorway of the lav, to the entertainment starved delight of 46 of my closest friends, Iconsidered asking 1 of my fellow passengers to take a running start at me.
Imagine ten pounds of Poo in a 5 pound bag :lol:

Any way, I got in at 6 a.m. Friday, and spent most of the day putting out the little fires that always seem to popup when your not around to keep an eye on things.
Today I'm gonna be seeking the best deal on a moving van, with an eye toward renting it on the 16th or 17th, plan on leaving Az foreveer on or about the 19th. My ultimate goal is to be preparing a meal in our home by the 22nd

I'll spend alot of time this week wrapping things up, saying some last goodbyes, and putting the arm on some of my so called friends, trying to collect some of what's owed me (I won't spend much time on the latter, I know a lost cause when I see one)

I'll keep you updated,
love ya,
John
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts