Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The track is located in the Greentown park, its about 5 min from the Akron Canton airport. Not sure of road numbers at the moment but will post in next day or two.

Here are directions without road numbers- get off I77 at Akron Canton airport when you come to stop sign in front of entrence to airport take a right proceed about a mile you will come to a three way red light, take another right at that light go approx 2 1/2 miles to Greentown then look for signs for the park on left.

Tires
Buggy
rear - red ifmar pins (personal choice pink x 2000)
Front - losi wide fronts (personal choice losi xtra wide scrubbed)
Truck
rear - red ifmar pins (p.c. T 2000)
front- directionals or 8 rib
Classes
Novice
Stock Buggy
Stock Truck
Mod Buggy (if enough shows up)

Onsight AC power and snack bar. Have a few tables under a pevillian. Racing starts around 5:30 pm track opens at 3:00pm. Lots of room to park and to pit in the grass if you bring table and extention cord.

Amb lap counting- personal transponders accepted

Any question ask away I will get answer for you

·
Registered
253 Posts
What happened to the Greentown web site, I've tried several times to get on it? Raced at Greentown before and hope to make it over at least a couple of times this summer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy that did the web page quit racing so in turn the web page went south with him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here this years flier just recieved in email.

GREENTOWN R/C RACEWAY
OFFROAD R/C AT IT’S BEST
MAY 8TH RACING
MAY 15TH POINTS RACE #1
MAY 22ND RACING $10-PER CLASS
MAY 29TH POINTS RACE #2 $ 5-2ND CLASS
JUNE 5TH RACING $15-FATHER&CHILD
JUNE 12TH POINTS RACE#3 DISCOUNT
JUNE 19TH RACING (CHILD UNDER 16)
JUNE 26TH POINTS RACE#4
REST OF SUMMER SCHEDULE TO BE ANNOUNCED
POINTS SERIES EVERY OTHER WEEK THROUGH OUT SUMMER
6 RACES 2 THROW OUTS MUST RACE AT LEAST 4 POINTS RACES TO RECEIVE AWARDS.
TQ’S 1 POINT THIS YEAR (GET OVER IT FAST GUYS)

AUGUST 7TH (5TH ANNUAL RALPH MAUTER MEMORIAL RACE)
AUGUST 7TH ALSO DOUBLE POINTS NIGHT (DON’T MISS THIS ONE)
NO RACING JULY 4TH WEEKEND (ENJOY THE HOLIDAY)
NO RACING AUGUST 14TH(GOOD REASONS)

TRACK OPENS FOR PRACTICE 3 P.M. CLASSES: Stock Truck
REGISTRATION from 5 P.M. TO 6 P.M. Mod Truck
RACING STARTS 6:30 Stock Buggy
4 entries to make a class Mod Buggy
5 minute racing all classes Mini-T’s (open)
Limited table space bring your table and extension cords (T’s race what you got)
No snack bar this year (bring your own grub) Anything else 4 will make it

CONTACT US: Directions : from Akron / Canton airport
Dan Mauger-(330) 833-3091 E-Mail [email protected] exit right on Lauby rd.
Tim & Ian Cameron (330) 821-7892 E-mail: [email protected] till ends right turn go
Chuck Lambert (330) 364-6585 E-mail: [email protected] to Cashner turn left
Go back 1 block
Turn right track
Behind large picnic
shelter

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I copy and pasted it didnt come out the way it was in my email hopr you can make it out anything you dont understand let me know. First race may 8th.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first race was this past sat may 8th. This sat may 15 starts there points series, it will be every other sat into august. Come on out and race with us.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Don't recognize your name either but I might know you to see you. Who runs the races at Greentown, is it still Dan and them guys?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You would know BIG KEV if you saw him not only is he big he is ugly to. hay kev it's ron. I hope I can found time to race with you this summer. Talk to later.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Big Kev!? Is this the Big Kev that drives the "Hot Pink" B4?.....Oh wait....that's right, I forgot it's really "Flo Red"! J/K This is Jason M. Good to hear from you!
I've been trying to get ahold of you. I lost your phone number at the end of the season last year. Check your e-mail.

Later On-
Jason M.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thats right its flo red not pink or orange. You guys coming out to race any? Last sat was the first points race but was rained out, so this sat may 22 is the first points race and sat may 29 will be the second then every other sat through aug.

Whats up Ron and Jason you guys coming to get smoked by my flo red B4 buggy any this year? Im at work now but will check email when I get home in the morning. Nice to hear from you guys.

Yea Dan and Tim, Ian Cameron are still running greentown

·
Registered
510 Posts
Swamp Thing: Are you also known as "Maniac Manes" who dropped of the face of the planet for about 2 years, or is this a different Ron. This is Jason M.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Jason....send me a pm with info on how to contact you...an email that you actually read or a phone number. Thanks

Eric J.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the first points race is in the record books. Little Davey Tasker pulled off the double win in both stock truck and buggy driving his B4/T4s. GO AE!!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts