Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know JL has 'Classic Plastic', and M2 has 'Autothentic' plastic bodies... Did Greenlight ever come out with non-metal bodies? Any other plastics out there? Any info greatly appreciated. When I saw the M2 1955 Star Chief on a slotcar chassis, I decided to try and find others out there. There were also the Aurora Cigar Box cars, but I really can't think of any others.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
you must be thinking of the clearly auto thentics, as reg autothentics were metal bodies, both the things you mentioned...the first was diecast replicas of model cars, and the second was a very short run, 2 releases i believe.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Mattel made quite a few Cars that were all Plastic....

Off the top of my head I am thinking of the......

Ferarri 5pk w/ the Red Ferarri in the center being all Plastic.....

and the

50s Favorites 5pk w/ the Yellow Chevy Bel Air 4th down in the pack being all Plastic....

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The High Speed made Grell cars are plastic. I have a plastic Lindberg GT40. Minichamps and Uni Fortune made plastic friction cars

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the few scattered HW/MB plastics are a fluke, not a specific line they came out with? And thanks for the info on the JLs. I would've been real P.O.ed at myself if I loaded up from an online seller.. Does anyone remember those battery operated white buildings with the orange roofs? You ran the HW orange track through them and they came out flying. No idea who made em or what they're worth today.. Have to pick them up from Mom's house later this week. I have 2 large buildings and 1 half their size. All have the same white siding and orange roofs. Any info on these greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I had a HW Super Charger when I was kid - lots of fun!
Surprising to see how clean the battery compartment is on the one listed. Which is why it is still in working order!:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts