Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
with the cost of tooling 1- set of wheels and tires for a mere 10-12,000.00 dollars, you can be rest assured you will be seeing these steam rollers on GLs for a while. They would do well if the production department would have their factory make some a little narrower for the front of cars

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I'll always have respect for GL, but I had such high hopes they'd have much more than just the usuall muscle car stuff evryone's done over and over.
Love ya GL, but let's see some '60s big barges or something!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
It's a good looking set, 3 Mopars, YAY! But as others have said, variety is needed at this point in time. I with Lum, maybe more 60s stuff is in order for the future, or more older trucks. As for muscle, I love it, but there are other examples of muscle that have yet to be properly represented. It has been discussed plenty. I just hope to see more classic stuff in between all the new fords, hondas, etc. But all in all I like this set and I will be picking up the mopars at the very least.
As far as variety, the GMs in this release are green body/tires for the first time at retail. This is definitely a good thing. Gms were getting stale, spicing it up was overdue. Thanks GL.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
it's a good looking set, 3 mopars, yay! But as others have said, variety is needed at this point in time. I with lum, maybe more 60s stuff is in order for the future, or more older trucks. As for muscle, i love it, but there are other examples of muscle that have yet to be properly represented. It has been discussed plenty. I just hope to see more classic stuff in between all the new fords, hondas, etc. But all in all i like this set and i will be picking up the mopars at the very least.
As far as variety, the gms in this release are green body/tires for the first time at retail. This is definitely a good thing. Gms were getting stale, spicing it up was overdue. Thanks gl.
i agree about the spicing, i've seen green windows on black bandits as well..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Those are either pre-production or GL is back to making steamrollers. I wonder which, maybe both.
I don,t understand the logic :rolleyes:

After a lot of complaints from collectors about the size of the Rims & tyres on some models , Greenlight listened & made smaller wheels & tyres for a lot of there cars

You would think they would be cheaper (Less rubber etc ) :confused:

the 67/68 mustang looks bad with those huge wheels/tyres IMO

The car has been made with the much nicer thin Tyre wheel combo just like the 67 gt500, but they put those huge wheels back on them again

like a few other cars 71 camaro,69 mustang Fastback started with the big wheels then they made some with the nicer thin wheel etc but then they revert back to the Steam roller wheels ,Why?

At least the 65 mustang has allways had the thin wheels that look awesome

Greg (Carsdownunder)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.