Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MCG HOBBY COLLECTION SERIES 4 AVAILABLE IN NOVEMBER
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (Sept. 29, 2009)
GreenLight LLC continues with its fourth release of 1:64th scale Muscle Car Garage Hobby Collection. This 6 car series includes a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible Top-Up, 1968 Buick California GS, 1969 Chevy Chevelle SS, 1971 Dodge Charger R/T, 1973 AMC AMX and a 2008 Dodge Charger Daytona.

The MCG Hobby Collection series’ differentiates itself from the traditional MCG line with a shop tool accessory included in a clamshell package with each car. The shop tools in MCG Hobby Series 4 include a Flood Light, Engine Rotisserie, Creeper, Drill Press, Work Bench and Tool Stamp Press produced in new and exciting colors.

To date the flagship line of Muscle Car Garage encompasses eleven releases of MCG including Stock & Custom and Street & Strip, four releases of MCG Hobby Collection, two releases of MCG Hobby Accessory Packs and two releases of MCG Up In Flames (the second due out in early November 2009).

Each car in MCG Hobby Collection Series 4 is produced in a clamshell package with an accessory included, featuring 100% die-cast metal body and chassis’, real rubber tires, our highest level of detailed body decoration, painted engines and custom license plates. All cars are officially licensed by Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Chrysler Group LLC and General Motors.

GreenLight MCG Hobby Collection Series 4 will be available at Toys R Us and through Hobby Distributors, Wholesalers and Retailers around the globe. This latest release of MCG Hobby Collection will be available in early November 2009.

GreenLight® Collectibles is a premier manufacturer and marketer of officially licensed, authentic die-cast replica vehicles. In 2009, the company has expanded to thirteen distinct product lines. GreenLight die-cast replicas are available in 1:18, 1:24 and 1:64 scale and are officially licensed by General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Chrysler Group LLC, Carroll Shelby Licensing, Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, 20th Century Fox (SPEED Channel), Tim Phelps, Grand-Am Road Racing Association, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Bridgestone Americas.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
To clarify, this series will be available at Toys 'R' Us in approx. 30 days; but at OLDs/Hobby Shops during the month of October.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
we aren't seeing hardly any greenlight here. i see all others on here posting different series. never saw any of the police cars here. no country roads 2.
where's it all going? michigans hardware store?

·
Registered
16 Posts
we aren't seeing hardly any greenlight here. i see all others on here posting different series. never saw any of the police cars here. no country roads 2.
where's it all going? michigans hardware store?
Hard to tell if you are talking about on this site or in your area of the country, since you say "here" but also talk about others "posting" stuff. So just in case you are talking about this site here are all of the posts you apparently missed in your search of the site.. you did do a search before posting a statement like this .. right?

Hot Pursuit ("police cars")
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=260676

County Roads 3
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=263176

MotorWorld 1
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=259301

Auction Block 10
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=263909

MCG 11 and Auction Block 9
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=265459

Cruise-In Mustangs
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=266007

MCG 10 Auction Block 8
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=258933

Maybe you should just check more often.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
My set arrived today; Anybody else find this????1. Javelin is Metallic Blue similar to Chrysler B5 and that's OK but packageing and previews list/show a light blue car. My Galaxie has the "Aftermarket" "Mag" wheels G/L likes to use but previews alao showed the car with small hubcaps. Are there two wheel variations????

·
Registered
812 Posts
My set arrived today; Anybody else find this????1. Javelin is Metallic Blue similar to Chrysler B5 and that's OK but packageing and previews list/show a light blue car. My Galaxie has the "Aftermarket" "Mag" wheels G/L likes to use but previews alao showed the car with small hubcaps. Are there two wheel variations????
I had posted the question about the Galaxie hubcaps on the UTH website. According to Matt from Greenlight, the decision was made to go with only the mag wheels, though some early photo shots showed the Galaxie with the dog dishes. I myself was hoping for the dog dishes, but at least on this release, only the mags will be available. It does still look like a cool car though. I've got this release on pre-order, but haven't receive it yet.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
because of my job, i am at tru every morning, and live a mile from a k-mart. k-mart hasn't gotten any new greenlight since, i believe it was may. tru has gotten a hobby series, and the black bandit mustangs. that's about it. i'm in the mid atlantic. i've seen photos of the police series on here, and other series i can't keep track of, that i've never seen here, like barrett jacksons at target, back when they had them. and others people have said they found at tru.. i know i'm not getting beat to them, and no store employee is buying them, i've gotten 2 GM from the 2 series that have come in tru. and there have been no cars from other series, and i don't think an employee would leave behind a green machine black bandit and be buying all 12 of another series.
something funny about their distribution. either greenlight or the stores.

·
Registered
305 Posts
As Zed already commented, yes the wheels on the Galaxie you have are correct and there is no wheel variation. The 5-spoke just gave the stance of the car a better look. Hopefully you all agree but to each their own.

For the AMC, yes our pre-production sample was a much lighter blue (it also had the wrong roof panel and different wheels). The wheels we had on the pre-pro sample didn't roll very well so we made the switch there. For the color the original idea was for the AMC "Maxi Blue" but it just was not matching up well and looked too baby blue. Instead we went with a nice metallic blue that still was available that year. I think these changes help the car greatly.

Also in case anyone is looking closely, that Buick is a "GS California" edition. Pretty rare stuff.

Thanks,

- Matt

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Matt, Thanks for responding but I wish both cars had the original wheels. I think your first thought was best. The windshield and "A" pillars on my Ford match very close to those on the Galaxie police car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts