Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing it's a Michigan store by doing a Google search, but a Hardware store in Michigan called Aco Hardware, for some reason, got a bunch of older GL in. Seems a little early for Xmas.
saw what looked to be 2 cases (12 each?) of Barrett Jackson (had the red Firebird) and maybe the same of 1 of the Muscle car garage releases with the 68 Chargers...
All looked to be there, but not one Green Machine... clearance price was 2.99

·
Registered
750 Posts
actually, they hit on friday. between my buddy and I. we got 32 greenies
Yeah right. These arent Treasure hunts. If you found 32 green machines that means there where 1536 regular cars. I doubt it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
let me clear up some misconceptions. I do know what a green machine is. there are 69 ACO hardwares in michigan. each store recieved anywhere from 3 to 8 cases(mcg7,ab5 &ab6) between the 2 of us we hit 60 stores(majority of which are located in s.e. mich).Ifound 18, he found 14. of the 18 I found, he got 7 from me. the other 11 went to a friend. who is now posting them for sale on e-bay. as for pictures, I don't have a camera, & the cars are already gone to others.you see, I don't collect them,I just like the hunt.

Steve

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhhh... the very definition of a scalper. :rolleyes:

not a great way to start posting on this board, mr 3 post noobie...

·
Registered
750 Posts
ahhhh... the very definition of a scalper. :rolleyes:

not a great way to start posting on this board, mr 3 post noobie...
I agree. It very convenient to have already given them away and not be able to post pics. No pics= BS story.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is to Saritz0, first off I apologize in advance for jumping a bandwagon of negativity. I am not one to post much and I am certainly not one to try and add to conflict. You can imagine that admitting you bought this many to sell and give away upsets the regular collector who rarely sees any rare cars despite countless visits to stores year after year. You say you, " don't collect them" but "enjoy the hunt" which is clear after driving to 30ish stores in a very short amount of time. My question is why? Why go to all this trouble for a car you don't collect? There are better ways to get Green Machines if the intention is just to resell. If I don't collect it I never buy it even in the extremely rare case I see one. I saw a 1:24 scale JL WL once. It was neat I found it, but back on the shelf it went. I have no 1:24 cars so why buy that one. I see an occasional Treasure Hunt but since almost all Hotwheels are awful to me I wouldn't dare buy it. I find everyone's collecting habits are different but I just don't get this extreme effort. Personally I don't believe you actually found that many. I base it on my experiences of year after year, store after store, of almost never seeing whites, greens, or whatever colors the chase car happens to be. I suppose it possible, just not plausible.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Uhhh... you shouldn't doubt this man!!!

I happen to be the "buddy" that Steve references in his post and every word of this is true. I now own 21 of the 32 that we found.

Steve is legendary in SE Michigan for his ability to find "tough cars"... he has personally supplied me with hundreds of white lightnings and treasure hunts over the years. I happen to collect and enjoy the hobby, he just likes the thrill of the hunt.

Some guys fish, some guys play in softball leagues, Steve likes to hunt -- it relaxes him and he has fun at it.

You ask pretty much any regular collector in this area about Steve... they know him well and know how well he does. Aremer above can testify to that.

Roger

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I happen to be the "buddy" that Steve references in his post and every word of this is true. I now own 21 of the 32 that we found.

Steve is legendary in SE Michigan for his ability to find "tough cars"... he has personally supplied me with hundreds of white lightnings and treasure hunts over the years. I happen to collect and enjoy the hobby, he just likes the thrill of the hunt.

Some guys fish, some guys play in softball leagues, Steve likes to hunt -- it relaxes him and he has fun at it.

You ask pretty much any regular collector in this area about Steve... they know him well and know how well he does. Aremer above can testify to that.

Roger
Did you two hit the Roseville MI. ACO yet? (Gratiot and Frazho).
I was there yesterday and no Greenmachines.:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts