Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a thread to see where you are finding Greenlight at retail. Around here, we have 4 TRU's within 30 miles and they used to be the only retail source for me. They have not had any new product in 8 months. Not even the hobby stores around here carry Greenlight. We travel to Michigan every summer and I always looked forward to hitting up the Meijers stores when up there but even they have no new product. I'm looking for a good OLD now. Where are you finding your Greenlight diecast at?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
My tru's stock greenlight consistenty, but only 1 set at a time, and those six have to sell to get more on the floor, i bought a six car set a few weeks back, waited 5 minutes, and there was a fresh 6 hanging, got a green, so good in keeping up on releases, poor in number on floor to actually purchase.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
only TRU here and they are over prices at 6$ each.most of the (about 95%) are sitting and collecting dust but i guess GL does not care that places where the only GLs are carried are done by the price goueging of TRU:rolleyes:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Greenlight has been pretty much MIA this year! Makes me wonder if they're going down the Johnny Lightning road. Maybe their heart isn't in it any longer..
:confused::confused:

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
My tru's stock greenlight consistenty, but only 1 set at a time, and those six have to sell to get more on the floor, i bought a six car set a few weeks back, waited 5 minutes, and there was a fresh 6 hanging, got a green, so good in keeping up on releases, poor in number on floor to actually purchase.
That's amazing!

·
Registered
520 Posts
As the OP mentioned Meijer carries Greenlight but biggest issue is that GL does not seem to come out with new releases as often as M2 so most times no luck at Meijers. My local TRU also has GL but it costs more there and it out of my way so I rarely look there. Most of my GL's come from Meijer's (I live in their area) and rest come from online sources. Did get some GL's at the RetroFest 2012 diecast show last month too!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have purchased from OLD's before but I love the hunt! Plus my kids are kids and they love toys too! So a trip to TRU is never a bad thing but I always know I will be disappointed when I get to the diecast aisle. :(

Anybody remember when Target carried Greenlight? Never overstocked and they seemed to sell quickly, minus the gimmicky series. The muscle car stuff sold like hotcakes at Target. Wish they would sell them again. As it is, I'd pay the inflated TRU prices if they would get new stuff but that seems like it won't happen.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Anybody remember when Target carried Greenlight? Never overstocked and they seemed to sell quickly, minus the gimmicky series. The muscle car stuff sold like hotcakes at Target. Wish they would sell them again.
Target doesn't sell GL anymore? I don't know, because I haven't been to a Target in nearly two years, near Alpharetta and Sandy Springs GA. I bought a couple Hot Pursuit cars there.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Only retail I see them at is TRU & Hobby Lobby . I buy most of mine from Milezones - OLD .. Most of the time you get what you want then .
Retail is usually picked over when I find them there .. My local TRU still has about a dozen of the 'beater' version of the 61 Corvette .. Nobody want em ...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went to TRU in Modesto on Friday and found that they have a nice selection of Greenlights. I picked up a 1970 Dodge Challenger while I was there.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
TRU for me here in west OC, So Cal.
Fairly consistant decent stocking. A new TRU just opened so now I have a second spot to hit within 10 minutes of home.
I do wish I could find them at Target or (cringe) Walmart.

There is at least one Hobby Shop that I know of which carries them (Prestige Hobbies in Anaheim, CA).

OT - I'm okay with the $6 price tag, as I feel quality is better than those $5 HW's. Most of the GL I buy are for a European friend, and he thinks they're the bee's knees :p. I tend to agree with him. We both buy Tomica Limited Vintage which we pay $10 to $15 a piece, so $6 for a nice car is a good deal. Keep it up GL! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
OT - I'm okay with the $6 price tag, as I feel quality is better than those $5 HW's. Most of the GL I buy are for a European friend, and he thinks they're the bee's knees :p. I tend to agree with him. We both buy Tomica Limited Vintage which we pay $10 to $15 a piece, so $6 for a nice car is a good deal. Keep it up GL! :thumbsup:
Same here. I do not mind paying that price for cars from companies like Greenlight and M2. IMO, they are worth it.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
These days TRU is the only retail location I find GLs. Stock is inconsistent and there are usually some dusty pegwarmers hanging around. Recently, I was at a TRU and there were about 6 of the Route 66 box sets. Just for giggles I opened the front flap of one and *SURPRISE* there was a lovely HW Mustang in place of the GM Mustang.:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts