Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We set out last year to make a collection of ten cars that celebrated our 10th anniversary showcasing some of our more popular lines or castings over the years. As we are finishing up the set of ten, the last three cars will be appearing here in late May or early June. They feature some of the very first castings we ever made:

29787 1:64 GreenLight 10th Anniversary - 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback
29788 1:64 GreenLight 10th Anniversary - 1968 Chevy Impala
29789 1:64 GreenLight 10th Anniversary - 2005 Chevy Corvette C6

I've got photos of the Corvette only so far, the others are due in shortly. The Corvette was GreenLight's very first casting, GL001. The '69 Mustang and the '68 Impala were part of the first Muscle Car Garage series all the way back in early 2005, GL005 and GL004 respectively.

And to finish off this celebration, we've got an all new chase car feature we will be unveiling on these three. I'll have more details on this soon once I have some samples in hand. There will be a Green Machine (with a new detail) and also a special, extra rare, 10th anniversary chase car.

And these three items are hobby only, not going to mass retail so no need to worry about scalpers!

Thanks,

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whitehot cars

Hi Matt,

Can you tell me anything or everything about the 2007 Whitehot Club Cars? My grandson has a large Greenlight collection of Camaros. He has a red and a green 2007 club car but doesn't seem to be able to find much information on them. The red car wasn't real expensive but he paid quite a lot for the green car. Thanks for any info you can supply, by the way he is 8 years old and has about 100 Greenlight cars in his collection. :confused:

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Matt,

Can you tell me anything or everything about the 2007 Whitehot Club Cars? My grandson has a large Greenlight collection of Camaros. He has a red and a green 2007 club car but doesn't seem to be able to find much information on them. The red car wasn't real expensive but he paid quite a lot for the green car. Thanks for any info you can supply, by the way he is 8 years old and has about 100 Greenlight cars in his collection. :confused:

Thanks Steve
Hi Steve,

I believe the one you are referring to is the Diecast Live exclusive club car. Check the link here. It's about a third of the way down the page on the right:

http://www.glcollector.com/011.html

Is this the one you mean? If so, yes this was a pretty limited item we made for them. The site appears to be defunct at this point from what I can tell. Their Facebook page has been dormant for about four years as well. But the numbers on this car are low. The Green one is the "chase" version which we call our Green Machine. It's usually limited to 2% of the production run.

100 cars in his collection? That's pretty darn good for an eight year old! That's better than my son and I have a bit of an inside track on his collection if you know what I mean. :)

Happy to help here,

Matt

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
21,364 Posts
Hi Matt,

Thanks Steve
Steve

Here is more info, they made 154 of them...

http://www.greenlightgarage.com/details.asp?id=1257

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the information, he was shocked to know he has a car that only 154 were made. You guys are the best, thanks for all the help. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
just a side note, if interested:

The green machines are, in my opinion, the finest looking and most ambitious chase cars GL ever produced. The "fade to green" has yet to be duplicated and was probably very difficult to pull off and have them all come out the same. Because they didn't ;). Some have a noticeably more yellow where the fade begins. If you were to hold up one of each side by side, you'd see the difference. I used to have both but sold 'em a while back & still kicking myself for it. I do have a matched numbered set still and will probably never let those go. I'd post a pic of the chase car I still have but apparently I'm too new (less than five posts?? are ya kiddin me??).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts