Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1: 64th MOTOR WORLD SERIES 2
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (November 19, 2009) – Ring in the New Year with a new release of 1:64th Motor World! GreenLight announces its second release of Motor World. This eclectic collection is a continuation of the first GreenLight Toys product line which was released during the summer of 2009. Look for this diverse twelve car assortment in January 2010!

This release follows the same sub-series branding system as the first assortment with three individual product classifications- Classics Series, All-American Series and Speed Series uniquely reflected in blistercard packaging. While GreenLight typically produces only American-made cars, Motor World includes vehicle replicas from all over the globe.

1:64th Motor World Series Two includes the following twelve vehicles:
• All-American – 1953 Cadillac Eldorado
• All-American – 1955 Chevy Bel Air
• All-American – 1956 Ford F-100 Truck
• All-American – 1965 Shelby Cobra S/C 427
• Classics – Land Rover Range Rover
• Classics – Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
• Classics – Mini Cooper
• Classics – Volkswagen Samba Bus
• Classics – Volkswagen W30
• Speed – BMW Z4
• Speed –Jaguar XK
• Speed – Lamborghini Gallardo

All twelve cars from Series Two will be available at Toys ‘R’ Us, Meijer and Gordmans throughout the United States and through GreenLight Hobby Distributors/Wholesalers and Online Dealers around the world beginning in early January 2010.

Motor World die-cast model cars feature 100% authentic metal bodies in true 1:64th scale, plastic chassis, authentic detailed wheels and are officially licensed by the respective automobile companies. As with GreenLight Collectibles offerings, the “Green Machine” chase car program carries over into the Motor World line with 2% of the production run manufactured in alternate schemes to provide the marketplace with the rare vehicles the collector craves. In addition to the model features, Motor World die-cast replicas are presented in blistercard packages that feature individual unique car art for each vehicle in the assortment. The Suggested Retail Price for 1:64 Motor World is $2.99 USD.

GreenLight® Collectibles is a premier manufacturer and marketer of officially licensed, authentic die-cast replica vehicles. In 2009, the company has expanded to thirteen distinct product lines. GreenLight die-cast replicas are available in 1:18th, 1:24th and 1:64th scale and are officially licensed by General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Chrysler Group LLC, Carroll Shelby Licensing, Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, Grand-Am Road Racing Association, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and Bridgestone Americas. Motor World items are produced in collaboration with HIGH SPEED Metal & Plastic Products Mfg. Co., Ltd. who furnishes Jaguar Cars Limited, Lamborghini Artimarca S.p.A., Porsche AG, Land Rover, Daimler AG, BMW AG and Volkswagen AG licenses.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
I see 5 that are must haves for me. Always love the Gallardo and Range Rover. I like the paint schemes on the Mini and Cobra I need the Sprinter.The XK is also a favorite of mine and it's a stunner, but malibu already released it in red in the 5pack. Great job on theses GL. Keep up the Great work!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
If I remember right there was a discussion that a few of these cars listed were not true 1/64 when I saw them from Malibu.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You know , the 55 Chev, 53 Caddy and 56 truck don't look bad from the pic,
Anyone have some closeups of these 3 ?

Thanks ,
Steve

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
The '55 Chevy is tremendous! I have a High Speed mint and cream sitting on my desk and the detail is outstanding. Hope GL makes one in turquoise and white that I can put 5 spoke RRs on and have a mock-up of the next 1:1 that my wife wants.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Greenlight is using the molds from Malibu and High speed/Cararama, as I can see GL is releasing now all models yet released by High speed/Cararama or Malibu.

I think casting is good ,althought a bit poor comparing to prior releases of these brands, and from my point of view is logic taking in mind we are speaking of a 1/64 die cast item in the low range of 3$ (retailer suggested price).

In next releases we probably see another sets including the Audi A6, the Range Rover sport, the Ford Focus cabrio, and the Land Rover discovery (all of them released in the past under the brand High speed.

Picture one shows High speed items from my collection (bought 2 years ago) that match perfectly with this second release from Greenlight.

Picture two shows what we probably will see in next Greenlight releases.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
is it posible in the future to come out with ford passage van make it a dot van or police van? what about a 2010 ford pickup police or firer
just a idea.

you guys make awsome stuff keep up the great work

·
Registered
298 Posts
(All twelve cars from Series Two will be available at Toys ‘R’ Us, Meijer and Gordmans throughout the United States and through GreenLight Hobby Distributors/Wholesalers and Online Dealers around the world beginning in early January 2010.)

Still nothing in Canada at Toy's R' Us :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts