Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If it seemed at all COLD to you today, it was probably the fact that "you know where" must have frozen over ;) The reason being that I actually found a green machine in the wild today. It is only the third one I've found in the stores.

I walked into TRU this morning, about a minute after they had opened. When I got back to the diecast aisle, there was one person going through the Greenlights. I asked him if anything new showed up and he said there was some new stuff on the pegs. I decided to look through the TRU Black Bandit Mustangs, seeing as he was not looking at them. Just as I start to look, I noticed a lone GL Auction Block '66 Shelby laying on the shelf below the pegs. He didn't see it so I picked it up and here is what I saw .....

When he saw what I picked up, he couldn't believe he didn't see it. But he congratulated me and left. I was shocked that I actually got it and he didn't. So that was my find for the day. I hope everyone had some good luck out hunting today too.

Scott

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice find, and a Mustang to boot! Cross that one off your list. :thumbsup:
I actually just did a deal for this green machine a week ago, so this was an extra. I say "was" because I worked out a trade for it this afternoon. I'm going to be getting a TRU Black Bandit Green Machine '08 Shelby GT Convertible for it. Talk about a great trade ! I coudn't have asked for more.

Scott

·
Registered
906 Posts
No luck today for me, but go buy a lottery ticket in Hobbytalk's name. What are the odds of your GM find being a Mustang?!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck today for me, but go buy a lottery ticket in Hobbytalk's name. What are the odds of your GM find being a Mustang?!!
LOL ! Normally I don't buy lottery tickets ... but I did last night just in case my LUCK was really strong :p Needless to say, we didn't rush out and order a new 2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 this morning :( Oh well, it was a fun thought to have :thumbsup:

Take care and have a great day all.

Scott

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats, Scott! Nice to see a Mustang fan finding a good one -- and not having to pay inflated prices, or over-trade, to get it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I found one like this same color, but no green wheels. is it a green machine variant? or just a standard mainline issue. I thought that green machines had green wheels on all of them, and green bases, but for some i've seen on the net, that is not the case.

i was hoping i found a GM...but it looks like i may be out of luck.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The normal version of this looks like a green machine. But it must have green rims and a green base to be a green machine. Hopefully you will have better luck next time. Take care.

Scott

I found one like this same color, but no green wheels. is it a green machine variant? or just a standard mainline issue. I thought that green machines had green wheels on all of them, and green bases, but for some i've seen on the net, that is not the case.

i was hoping i found a GM...but it looks like i may be out of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts