Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just started assembling the Green Goblin last night. IMHO, both the Green Goblin and the Spider-Man kits are superb kits. Very nicely designed. The early criticisms concerning the pose and detail are absolutely unfounded and incorrect. These kits are very well detailed, substantial in size and the engineering on them is excellent. It looks like the left hand of the Goblin can be reposed so he can be made to hold a pumpkin bomb, so I'm going to give that a shot.

I only just started assembly, but I went ahead to see how good the goblin would look with some paint on it and here are the results:

I can't wait to finish these and I'm thinking about putting an LED into the Goblin Glider to give it a little something extra.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
When I first glanced at that I thought it was a new limited edition bust that usually costs a lot of money. Nice paint job and complements the sculpt well.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah. I was looking at the assembled but unpainted head and I really wondered how much detail was in there. I was pleasantly surprised at what the paint revealed. I can think of no finer styrene likeness. Whoever sculpted this--big kudos!

I'm a little stumped on doing the seams along the legs and arms though. Unlike the Spider-Man kit, there's no place to hide the seams! The detail is so nice and crisp, I'm thinking a texture stamp will only stand out more. Maybe just some time spent cutting out the detail with a hobby knife will do...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
I still have the ol' Horizon Vinyl Spidey and Gobby on the pile - Gobby's even got his basic painting done. Always meant to build them together in a little (big!) vignette. Maybe I'll do that with these.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Oops,I just did something in my shorts.Great shading,looks really menacing.This is going to be one mean kit when finished.A thought comes to mind.It would be great to put the Green Goblin in the same diorama setting.Green Goblin charging from behind with pumpkin in hand while Spidey looks up front unaware of what 's coming behind him.Looks very much like one of those comic book cover scenes made by marvel doesn't it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Scary. Was it hard to paint such a small face? Fantastic job. I love the subtle skin shading. Makes it look bigger than it must be.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL! If I got paid for it, it wouldn't be fun anymore! Thanks Todd. You got these out to me fast!
Thank you everyone for looking at the work. I spent the evening trying to figure out what to do about the seam line on the limbs. I might try using an engraving bit in the Dremel and just try to carve in some of the scales that got lost because it was situated on the sides of the parts. I might make a texture stamp anyway, despite my misgivings that the technique will work in this case. But you never know until you try.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. The kit is really great! I hope we see more along these lines from Moebius!

Mitch. Yeah totally. I've been futzing with a can of "Great Stuff" trying to get the plume to look right. It should look pretty neat all lit up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts