Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at my local track i have found that the best way to help the pan car class grow is to encourage the young racers and even the older guys in the other class's that they can be competative in pan car. i try to help out everyone that i can at my local track and constantly do what i can to get more pan cars racing. a few weeks ago i donated a car to a kid thats been kicking butt in the touring oval class but never ever tried pan cars. i perminatly loaned him a Hyperderive pro 2, cyclone speedo, servo, tires and bodies so that he could run. after one night of racing he did really well. i think he ened up 2nd or 3rd in 4cell stock. and by the end of the night he wanted to right out buy the car so i sold it cheap to him so its his. i think doin that alone might of started a trend for me and maybe a few others at my track. i now just built another car for another young novice racer. its a older hyperdrive once again. even older though its a old SSE Pro from way back in the "road runners" days if anyone knows what im talking about. :) anyways this car will be fine for a transistioning racer goin from novice to 4cell stock. and im basicly losing nothing cause the car isnt really worth alot to me and im gaining compitition at my track in the classes i enjoy. my friend Dale will be sponsering another young local from my track in a 19t car withen a month or so. so even just loaning a car to someone till they catch the bug to race is benifictial i think.

what im tryin to say is why not help a local kid or any local talent into the class you enjoy. if you have xtra stuff layin around im sure someone can make do with it. any one have thoughts about this? i just think its a good idea cause i want pan car racing to grow:)

·
Lifetime Metalhead
1,089 Posts
You make a very good point Joe. Doug ran very well that night with that car. I was really impressed how well he ran it. I normally see him running a touring car which he is also good at.
I also agree with this topic, I race this track on a normal basis, same classes and everything. It is mostly 5-6 people in the pan car classes weekly.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol doug think about it. theres so many kids racing at marshalls. and alot of them have talent. how about Ed Strada with Matt Tysons stocker that night. he was doin great for a first try at it. i actually hlped him out the year b4 with a L4 i had spare. i just figure all the years ive been racing theres been other racers helping me out, Dale,Alan, Ozzy, Ray Mac, Dave wert, and many many many many others! if i dont help out then that would be wrong i think. plus like i said if its extra stuff then why not. everyone already knows marshalls is the place to sell old stuff so why not go the extra step and help someone into the class we run anyways :)

Matt what day you gettin to marshalls? sat or fri? ill be there early fri. i need tons of practice

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah joe is a great help to me.I don't know what I would do without him.he gave me a lot of great deals on batteries and other stuff.he helped me be competive and not just go out there and wreck.thanks to him I will probbaly gonna be running busch soon.even if he is really busy with his stuff he will help out anyone he can.he is just a great guy.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Joe you are a true credit to the hobby. I agree with you 100%. I think this is truly a step in the right direction!

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
...speaking of KIDS, when my son was in Scouts, during the Pine Wood Derby week...he also brought his L4 in for kind of like a "show and tell"

He was in a small troop, but we were thinking at that time..it would be cool to get some scouts involved...maybe even get it to be in the Explorer program...(This could be an idea for a LHS)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if the scouts did make it a badge that woudl be cool. so many more people gettin the bug to race!

Thanks Dale! as you know ive been doin this stuff since i was 12 and i always remember tryin to get friends and family into it. its my nature to get everyone involved when im having a good time. whether im racing or at a town meeting :)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually dale in a way you got me my first true taste of pan car racing. back when my mom baught that associated ss car off you! lol long time ago but once i got racing in the pan car class with my beloved "magnum Sport" radio i was hooked! :)

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Brushless, in my opinion has been the best way hands down.. In our area when we had stock and 19 turn both classes were low.. Now we only have 13.5 and 4300.. The average weekly racers has gone up 3 fold.. I guess guys like the level playing feild, and less maintinance.. I think it is especially god for young kids cause they dont need all the motor maintinance stuff.. Its a bit more up front, but if i could get back all the money ive spent on motors over the last 18 years i could buy a ton of BL stuff..

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yeah Joe those were the days! Back then I was building and selling 1 car a month. I think there was a time when 90% of the pan cars on the track in 6 cell stock came from my stable. And thats when we had 20 to 25 cars enterd a week in that class LOL!
:dude:
Porksalot4L said:
actually dale in a way you got me my first true taste of pan car racing. back when my mom baught that associated ss car off you! lol long time ago but once i got racing in the pan car class with my beloved "magnum Sport" radio i was hooked! :)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Burbs last week at my track was the first run of brushless and i could already tell there was guys wanting to jump in the class. i think its a great class i hope it grows at our track. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have to say I concur with all of you guys......... Joe you are the man and id like to thank ALL of the guys that have run at marshalls and helped me get to 65 laps... Finally! Well i look forward to cabin fever see ya guys

Oh Concur means to agree with lol

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Joe I build a lot of motors for racers for free and i lend them my bateries pack and thy are hook on my sopnsers and racing

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats cool bojo. you even hooked me up when i went to kn the last time with a fast stocker. thanks for that it was a big help. i know it was better then what i had :)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol well ofcourse this idea isnt possible for everyone. i just happen to have so much extra stuff that i can part with free or cheap. mainly cause i got alot of things free or cheap over the years. :) and if it helps someone into your class why not. other wise its always gonna be the same guys racing and once in awhile someone new. then the guys your use to racing eventually take a break. and the class gets smaller. this seems to be a quick way to "hook a brotha up" in a sense lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts