Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 6331 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case any of you want to read the old thread, it's still at it's orginal location. However, you won't be able to post anything there as it's closed. I removed everything here so we could start fresh. I think the other topics can still be copied back to this thread if you want them shown. Just let me know.

John

J

·
0 Posts
Are we racing sunday? Did you guys get everything staightened out with the city?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As far as I know this weekend will be a track "test session". No fee to run, basically an organized practice. From what I'm told you can come and test car setups and run in some races. Again- no entry fee, but donations to the club will be accepted if you want to give one. I plan on being there sunday to dial in the suspension on my TC3 and test out the FWD conversion...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, they must be all racing. i went out on saturday and had alot of fun. I did not run my truck worth anything but meet a bunch of realy nice people that tred to help me out. I plan on being there on Tuesday for practice also. Thanks to everyone that helped me.
Jerrod

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
KawadaKid- you hit the nail on the head on the "other" forum...

And Johhny Boy... Gramma Warner.. J.J.C. (hehehe), excelent race day man, even if we DID all get the snot hacked out of us in the main!

W

·
0 Posts
I made it over here<g>. Sorry about not making it this weekend. I really wanted to get down there and at least check out the track. My son, David, was there to represent the team and told me I would enjoy racing at your establishment.He said it was huge. Lots of pit room easy access to the drivers stand and all. John, he told me it was a really nice set up.
Nitrorod, glad you had a good time. I'll make sure I look you up in the near future down there.
I've one question, well maybe 2...My wife also drives. She's got a schumaker pro99 with a touring truck "silverado" body on it. Is that going to prevent here from running with the other TC3's and such? Also we both run the "V rage" rubber tires. Is there a class separation between rubber and foam?

Okay, keep em on the road.
Pops

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wizzoOhO.....

Glad to hear David liked what he saw! Yes, we run both foam and rubber classes and the truck body will be just fine.

John

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, what does everybody think of the money raffle? We thought it would be great since everybody has a chance to win cash without the pressure of having to win a race to reap the rewards! Not only that, but it's yours to spend anywhere you'd like

And remember.... the more that play, means the more we'll pay!

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, here's the latest from today's meeting down at city hall. Attending the meeting was the city managers assistant, the manager of the zoning department, the manager of the planning committee, the manager of the inspection department, four lawyers, the buildings actual owner, the present leasers, myself, my wife, Fred and several others. The problem basically stems from the fact that we as a club of RC racers don't have a definition as to what we do in the city's charter, and their not sure how to classify us. There are many different types of use permits issued and there isn't one to define what we do.

So.... in a nutshell, it's still going to take a little more time for us to get that little piece of paper in our hands so that we as a club can be legal and within the limits of the law. This could possibly happen as early as late this week. We'll know much more after tomorrow. Many, many things are in the works, and lots of gears have gone into motion, so.. don't give up, We won't!!

John

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ty-Rod....

Glad to see you made it here... finally!! And about the only thing I can say about all of this bureaucratic red tape is that it'll all be worth it in the long run. Don't you agree???

·
Premium Member
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knapster.... Your so right! That's what the main problem is at this point. We don't have a classification to describe RC racing, unless we accept what somebody "downtown" decides or thinks what we should be in their mind. At this point in time, we very well may be changing at least one city charter, and Setting a new precedence is what we're in the process of achieving!

W

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DamageIncRacing:
BRING IT ON JOHNNY BOY, GRAMMA WARNER, J.J.C.!!! Tell us again- how loud is the new fuel pump on the rust-cort? Hehehe...
</font>
YOU DONT EVEN WHANT TO GO TO RUST THING

1 - 20 of 6331 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.