Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while ago that i had ordered the Skoda MB1000. It was in the mail yesterday. So this thing is 1/87 scale, made in Germany, shipped from Greece and limited to 1104 worldwide.

The reason I bought it was sentimental though. My grandpa used to own and drive this car all the way throughout the 80's and looked after it really well. So a lot of my childhood memories are linked to this car, including a tacky gear stick crowned by a plastic flower under plexi sort of plastic. He swapped it for an Opel Omega after the Berlin wall came down and all the western cars entered the market.

He died in 2000 from diabetes related complications.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I actually choked up a little just writing the post. It is indeed a special car.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
It's nice to have a diecast car that reminds you of your grandfather. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
WOW... Awesome story... I too have little memorials of my grandparents and their cars... They are awesome to dirve down memory lane !!!
Congrats on your score of that cool little car !!!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Super, and a Great Grand son too!

[/QUOTE]

Am not much into Euro-cars but for some reason this had me look twice?!?....the detail,Stance, and Authentic looks is making me think twice....and of course am sorry for your lost, I've lost both my Grand father and my father too for different reasons....and they too were car buffs like ourselves.....Awesome pixs Mr.k thanks for sharing buddy!......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its been a few years now so it's not that bad. But it's a good kick up my behind in terms of my collecting. I need to get away a bit from the mass produced 1-3 dollar cars and collect a bit better. Siku and Matchbox will always be there but there is a lot more out there. Especially in the areas of vintage (50s to 70s) and limited editions (not TH or other chase). "oh that one is cool" isn't a reason to buy any more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
910 Posts
man first of my condolences on your grandfather but the fact you remember the good times is most important.. and thats a cool looking skoda! i actually work as a mechanic in a skoda dealership here and soon there bringing in a line of diecast cant wait!!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man first of my condolences on your grandfather but the fact you remember the good times is most important.. and thats a cool looking skoda! i actually work as a mechanic in a skoda dealership here and soon there bringing in a line of diecast cant wait!!
Hey, that sounds good. They're not all that attractive nowadays, the last one I've seen was the Fabia a few years ago and then I didn't bother. But the 1000 MB and the two models after that are favorites, especially since they've been quite common back in East Berlin during the 80s.

As for the 1000 MB, I might add, if anyone was wondering, that the two side vents at the back help cool the engine. The luggage belongs under the hood in the front, which means the grille is basically absent and all closed up. It's a bit different. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts