Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Area 54 RC Raceway's Grand Re-Opening is in May 2011. The 20th will be a practice day (12:00 to 8:00 Pm). The 21st will start with practice at 0800 till 1000 then a quick driver's meeting. Qualifiers will promptly start following the driver's meeting. Registration will continue throughout the day, but if you are not registered before 0930 you may not be able to make your first qualifier.
Pre-Registration has begun on RCsignup.com and we highly recommend you take advantage of this method of registration. With RCsingup.com we will be able to have all of your information loaded in the computer and give you a sheet of paper to verify your info. The link below will take you to the rcsignup registration site specific to the Grand Re-Opening.
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=1662

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look foward to having you and everybody else too. Spring can't get here fast enough for us this year. Keep checking in on our website for updates.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shane,
The track is open to run on starting today. We just completed the pipes. Keep in mind that the main drivers stand will only be available when we are on site. Our Grand Opening is still our official opening date and event. We do welcome everyone to come out and run on the track. There is no fee and the track is open during normal park hours, everyday 6am-11pm. Keep in mind that the track will be dry or very wet depending on recent weather conditions. We will be maintaining and improving the track for the next 40 days till the opener.

Thank You

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just seen the video you have and the track looks sweet. Whats the track like right now? How loose is the dirt or is it packed down? It looks like I might come out on Wednesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The pics and videos are looking sweet! We are looking forward to opening weekend. Looks like your crew has been working hard. That dedication shows. Going to be great having a rack like this a hour away from me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TJ good to hear from you. Was just talking about you the other day, talking about your photography. Havent hung your sign back up yet, We will hang up together at the Grand Re-Opening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope to get more good photos this year, as Bud will be driving for me again this year-- That gives me time to enjoy the show!!! See you soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Area 54 Road Sign

Everyone,
A few folks have had a hard time finding the track. Mark has made a sign for the entrance to the track. This sign is posted at 1217 Childrens Home Rd. The entrance for the track is completely separate from the rest of the park, so make sure to look for this sign when you are traveling on Childrens Home Road.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts