Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a model 130202 horizontal 5HP with manual choke round kind what is the correct spring the long one for the knob type to set fast speed idles great but i think it over revs at wide open like the governor is missing something any photos of such a thing ?

·
Registered
750 Posts
hmm, sounds like my engine.. i bought it on ebay for 52 bucks that doesnt work, gave it cleaned piston valved n stuff, oil gas, and gave it new tank and carb. it really OVER REVS! the owner said it was not a racing engine but it had gone more than 6500 RPM... somehow.. trust me that happened one day when the throttle spring broke.. VROOM!

·
Registered
750 Posts
well... you mean the spring that adjusts the oil/gas mixture (find on engine rebuild kits on ebay) or the idle screw spring? thanks or the choke spring?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Dont Really Know Since Mine Is Missing But Im Guessing That It Would Be The Long Spring From Carb Down To Govenor Shat Lever Does This Make Sense Yet It Has A Thin Rod That Has A Knurled Knob To Set The Fast Speed But Thats Intact Its The Spring That Would Operat The Govenor Its Self Nothing On Carb Screw Is Neede All Complete There And Have New Needles And Seats For Them Any Way It Is Infact A Governed Spring That Keeps It From Overreving Like For A Wood Splitter Or Chipper Ect

1 - 5 of 5 Posts