Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally broke down and bought some wheels! they are awesome and much nicer then expected. great price from mini-motors as well! was going to order some closeout diecasts from nickel cast but shipping is way too high for the amount i wanted. so i just bought these....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Shipping is a deal breaker for many who buy online these days.... I buy alot from eBay, but if the shipping is higher than the item I want to purchase, I will keep looking till I find one at a reasonable price.

Oh and WTG on your pruchase :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Rock On Opie!! Lets see what you put them on. Thanks for shopping with us!!

Hint: Debur the axle ends a little with fine sand paper and they will slide together easier.....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ill make some good use out of these!. already swapped wheels on a gto using the wheels...really a good kit, even without deburing the axles they slid on nice and snug if you do a twist while pushing, if you look at the axle close it has a sort of spiral cut into it so twist in that direction and when removing do the same and come off with ease...still a usefull set and for the price is not bad at all..worked out to be 1.40 per 4 wheels total cost after shipping.

and to livn, you are right on the shipping it is a deal breaker..i was going to buy 15 cars carded to strip down for the wheels but shipping was 15$ and there is no way 15 cars cost that much to ship, and their calculator goes by weight, kind of dont work like that when each diecast has a different weight and im sure they do not weigh every car exactly. so my guess is each car = 1lb and reason why for the insanly high shipping..and then i email to inquire if the calculator is correct and said exactly shipping seems to high. if a business can not return a simple email with a simple question that is not a place i want to do business with...just sucks because nickel has good deals but after shipping the good deal turns into current retail price....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, thats what most of us need to do.....im sure mini-motors aka dipstick will ship to your house for an extra fee...each pack is 5.79USD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts