Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well at least it's a holy grail to me. Been wanting this piece for my Corvette collection for a while now. It's the only Corvette Funny Car that I know of that JL made and I was able to score one off of eBay. Now I'm happy. Onto my other holy grails next. Thought I'd share with you before it gets ripped open.

Domenic :wave:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Ever wish you could go back in time and know what you were doing, as far as collecting? I passed up so many of these when I first started buying JL's...KB was bursting with funny cars and dragsters. I'm not a huge racing fan, so I bought movie and TV cars, moved on to vettes and muscle cars. Most funny cars and drasters seemed to be dust collectors on the pegs around here back then. Just goes to show, you never know what might be a hot item, or how your own tastes might change. I'm still not a big racing fan, but I really like a lot of the funny cars and dragsters that are posted now and wish I snagged at least a few of the nicer ones.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great to see you get your Grail. It made me look for a box I know I had some of those funny cars in,and here's what I found:

I remember seeing "Jungle Jim" and "Jungle Pam" at Seattle in the mid 70s when they used to have the yearly 64 Funny Car event. Man,I miss those days. :)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
..Congrats on finally getting the Corvette D.O.M. :thumbsup: ...it certainly a beauty and can imagine an exciting find....thanks for posting the pic..it's the first time seeing this one..

....nice cars boss302 !!...have the newer releases of the Classic Plastic series...but nothing is as exemplary as that Flying Dutchman Charger...!! Wow..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts