Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O/T Got a new car!

Just picked up my silver 1997 toyota supra. It is 6 speed manual and has leather seats! I got it for 5K! My deliveries are going to be so fast now and college commutes will be a snap! For those of you who are wondering my datsun is in storage at my friends house in Queens.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
what he said! whats the mileage on it? .... any pics ?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
very good price. I love that car. If I remember right only the Turbo's came with six speeds. Nope I was wrong. Later 97's at least were available with 6 speeds.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice, Post pics.... I love Supras, A Turbo one at that. When you do the Basic Performance Upgrades " BPU " They can be fairly fast and when you start modding the Turbos you will have a sick ride. Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
CtotheB said:
It is a project car it needs some work
That's still an awesome price even if it needs work. Is it the twin turbo model?

Toyota Supras, Mazda RX7's, and Mitsubishi 3000GT's are several nice import sports cars that really hold value well, and often actually bring more than what KBB and NADA show them at. A 1997 Supra could be $15-20K easy depending on the mileage.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FastC6Vette said:
That's still an awesome price even if it needs work. Is it the twin turbo model?

Toyota Supras, Mazda RX7's, and Mitsubishi 3000GT's are several nice import sports cars that really hold value well, and often actually bring more than what KBB and NADA show them at. A 1997 Supra could be $15-20K easy depending on the mileage.
No it's not a turbo. Funny thing is the glove compartment was locked so I pryed it open and found five 20 dollar bills. The guy who sold me the car is not the brightest light bulb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts