Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Wow......Gorgo's Gasser looks amazing! The original art and the box art really look like something Aurora forgot to release! The addition of the Forgotten Prisoner is a nice touch. I can hardly wait for what you come up with for the base.

There's one thing I noticed that is unusual. Having been to London, I'm probably one of the few here that knows the Tower of London is actually in the general area where Big Ben is shown in the art. Big Ben is on the other side of the Thames close to where Gorgo's Gasser is actually at. Since the renditions of both the Tower Bridge and Big Ben are so finely detailed, photographs must have been used as a reference. Therefore I'm assuming it was intentional.

· Registered
2,082 Posts
A Lesson in Gorgish

In Canada we were taught that placing the apostrophe between Gorgo and the S means 'is' as in Gorgo is in first place and that S- apostrophe was possessive as in the Gasser belongs to Gorgo...
.... but aside from that...Thanks for the compliment on what has been a real labor of love :thumbsup:
Cheers
Denis

We're taught that also in the USA. Here are some examples of how it works here:

Gorgo's Gasser is ready to race!

This way means the Gasser belongs to Gorgo.

Gorgo's going to race his Gasser.

The apostrophe-s indicates a contraction of "Gorgo is".

Dr. Zaius' decision was to give "Bright Eyes" a lobotomy.
Dr. Zaius's decision was to give "Bright Eyes" a lobotomy.

Both are considered an acceptable way of showing a possessive form with words ending in 's'. The decision belongs to Dr. Zaius. The first form allows easier pronunciation.

Gorgos' design was entitled the Gasser.

A team of Gorgo beings created a design that was entitled the Gasser. The design belongs to more than one Gorgo.

· Registered
2,082 Posts
When I was a kid, I used to watch Wacky Races every Saturday morning. The Gruesome Twosome was always fun to watch. It would've been great if all of Aurora's monster rods, the Phantom's Bantam, the Bride's Buggy, and Gorgo's Gasser could have been included in a special episode.

That cartoon was unusual in that it spawned two spin-offs: Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop.

· Registered
2,082 Posts
The Creature's Cruiser is an oddball in that it isn't a wheeled vehicle. I know the Creature is a sea creature, but I still prefer the Creature's Crate over that one. After all, he is a lung fish that can breathe on land. As a stand-alone one-off though, The Creature's Cruiser is a nice kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.