Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
goracing87g (Thom Barth) is a bad trader/seller.

I bought a Kyosho Mini Z from him (5/25/03). We agree that I would pay half now and the other when I get a tracking number as proof of shipment. Then he told me that he really needed the money. He said he will ship the mini z by priority mail on Tuesday (5/27/03) since Monday was a holiday. I believe him and paid him in full (big mistake).

It took him a 1 week to ship it (6/02/03). He didn’t even ship it by priority mail like he said. I got it a week later (6/09/03). Now I just got and it turns out to be the fake cheap imitation mini z (Hei Pao) from ebay. They go for $10 on ebay. Before I even paid him I ask if it was a real Kyosho Mini Z. He told me yes. I paid him $75 and I got a cheap $10 imitation.

I was hesitant at first since he was a minor, but he assured me he was trustworthy. He gave me a link for a feedback from a person, pancarman01, giving him a positive feedback. It turns out to be his brother. I found out after talking to his brother. He tried to sell me a XX4, the same one pancarman01 is selling .

Do not deal with him. He will just rip you off like me. I have emails, as proof, of everything. I will try to get a refund from him. I will post back.

Here are pix of the cheap imitation mini z that I got from him: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/i_r_azn/lst?.dir=/mini&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
wow..I almost made a big mistake...had a deal made with him on some
foam tires..took him for his word even though he was kind of vague
on the description and qaunity i would recieve...was gonna mail payment
today...read this just know....saw at top of thread from pancarman01
giving this guy good feedback...know learning its his brother?.... :mad:
this is what gives these boards a bad name....Thanks for the warning..
was gonna mail a money order in less than 30 min's of reading this
I hope the administrator see's this and decides on wether these two brothers should be banned....

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
The XX4 actually was sold to him from me. I sold it to him (Tim) way back in like february. I made sure ALL $150 was in the Paypal account before I would ship. I know a few other people on here had problems with him in the past, I was leary with the deal but he paid immediatley and I had no problems with him in that deal. I know its the same XX4 becasue the link showed the body on it, the body that I painted at the 2002 Lansing MARS race in Lansing, Michigan.

Good luck guys, I hope you get your money back. Don't view this as neg feedback, take it for whats it worth good or bad. I just gave the honest truth of my dealings with him. Pancartom as his brother I have no idea, I think one of them used to go by the handle "hotrod18", which I think was banned some time ago. :(

Make sure to keep us posted and updated on this please! Thanks. :)

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cassy how about you take my name outa this mess.. See The 1st post? I did not post that.. MY Bro Found out my password and posted that from my name so he would get the trade for the mini z.. I have learned this stuff the Hard way i Tryed to tell him.. and he went on doing nothing.. I MY SELF will Make Sure EVERY one will get there money... So can Some one Pls Drop my name outa this.. I Tryed to tell himm... but he did not listien... There Was a Payment of $40 go to for the mini Z the rest will Come.. I will make Sure of it.. I have Traded with Cassy before no probs thro there....
:dude:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Promatchracer and all - I did receive partial payment (refund) from goracing87g. One payment for $6.21 and anther for $40. We are still working on the rest. I will keep you guys posted.

As for pancarman01 (Tim – Thom’s brother) he is correcting this matter. He is helping me get the money back. When I posted the first post I didn’t know that Thom used his brother name to post that feedback. Thank you pancarman01 (Tim) for helping me.

[email protected]

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for Clearing that up.. I will Make Sure that thom does send the rest of the money.. Thanks agane
Tim Barth :thumbsup:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Dark_Alliance said:
Tim is also hotrod18 and who know how many other names he has on the boards
OHHH, MAN!
this sounds too familiar, I wont add fuel, but can sympthasize with the situation(s).
thought the act had long been cleaned up.
email for details if wanted / needed.

·
Banned
227 Posts
ok this is over so stop the crap no he never sold any one any subs and yuou a a con for doing this
maybe just maybe somebody gets tired of one name and wants to make another one dont take a fricking rockect scientst to figure that out Enstien :dude: So get over this cause ts oooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that spell over /done/no/more
thanks

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well, here we go gentlemen.

I have banned 4 different user names from this deal.

I am going to let you in on a little secret......I don't really think Tim has a brother named Tom.....why????? They are using the SAME dialup internet access........MULTIPLE TIMES!

So far......Tim Barth has 4 different accounts to access HobbyTalk.......the true scammer.

IF ANYBODY MAKES A DEAL WITH either of the "Barth Brothers"...you do so at your own risk!!!

TheBoss

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.