Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
BANNED
8,207 Posts
this saddens me too. I hope all this can be worked out and everyone return. I am bummed out!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
pump the brakes first

hi smalltime as of this morning i,m just starting to get the jist of all the discontent here on the HT. please reconsider your plan of exiting ht. give it a little bit more thought n pump the brakes. i,m hoping our bro bill h will do the same. i spect it,s the heat that has most of us a lil on edge. your contributions are a big reason why most of us log on and post here. same with bills great postings. but if you really feel ya gotta check out you n bill will be missed greatly. just give it a lil more thought. i guess thats all i have to say... but i am saddened.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
hi smalltime as of this morning i,m just starting to get the jist of all the discontent here on the HT. please reconsider your plan of exiting ht. give it a little bit more thought n pump the brakes. i,m hoping our bro bill h will do the same. i spect it,s the heat that has most of us a lil on edge. your contributions are a big reason why most of us log on and post here. same with bills great postings. but if you really feel ya gotta check out you n bill will be missed greatly. just give it a lil more thought. i guess thats all i have to say... but i am saddened.
well said!

·
Registered
869 Posts
This isnt fun anymore......

All the recent drama here has taken alot of the *fun* out of posting here anymore.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that these are nothing more than TOY CARS that we all enjoy!

It is not the heat thats causing any of this drama, I feel some are taking these little TOY CARS way too seriously. I have gotten some very nasty emails from guys *across the pond* myself. I read them, laughed at them and deleted them.

Personally I dont build anything for the approval of others, I build what I like. If others happen to like them, then thats good, if not, tough cookies I didnt build it for them anyway.

This used to be a really fun place where almost everyone got along, sadly not so anymore. There are many other slot car boards where this *drama* is not only allowed, but encouraged! I thought and hoped that this one wouldnt become like the others.

Hopefully, management can check on IP addresses, do the right thing and find out if the *phantom* accounts are real or a *phantom* to hide behind. Most posters here refuse to even sign their posts with their real name.

Larry Lype

·
Banned
73 Posts
Happy to use my real name is that was the policy, but is that really necessary? Could it not make the basic problem with forums, that too many users respond to the poster rather than their current post, worse?

Which 'across-the-pond''ers were nasty to you? I email with most regularly, and all but two are good eggs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Chop-
Since you won't use your real name and you let everyone guess at who you are then you are a large part of the problem. I am not part of the arguments of the past. I just want things to get back to normal. You seem to have fun in fueling the fire and it seems that you are at the center of it. The solution is simple.

·
Banned
73 Posts
I'm not part of the arguments of the past either,and as using real names could just makes things worse Id only do so if we had to.

I will say, again, I am not Deane. I think a lot of the things going on lately, pulling threads that many enjoy and leaving HT and so on, are based not on post content but on an assumption about who I am. I do wish people would respond to a post not the poster and their previous form, but what can I do about it?

The mods know the truth, my friends know the truth, if others want to believe something else what can I do about it?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
All the recent drama here has taken alot of the *fun* out of posting here anymore.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that these are nothing more than TOY CARS that we all enjoy!

It is not the heat thats causing any of this drama, I feel some are taking these little TOY CARS way too seriously. I have gotten some very nasty emails from guys *across the pond* myself. I read them, laughed at them and deleted them.

Personally I dont build anything for the approval of others, I build what I like. If others happen to like them, then thats good, if not, tough cookies I didnt build it for them anyway.

This used to be a really fun place where almost everyone got along, sadly not so anymore. There are many other slot car boards where this *drama* is not only allowed, but encouraged! I thought and hoped that this one wouldnt become like the others.

Hopefully, management can check on IP addresses, do the right thing and find out if the *phantom* accounts are real or a *phantom* to hide behind. Most posters here refuse to even sign their posts with their real name.

Larry Lype

Ditto ........

Pete Perry

·
Registered
237 Posts
I do wish people would respond to a post not the poster and their previous form, but what can I do about it?

The mods know the truth, my friends know the truth, if others want to believe something else what can I do about it?
End the speculation and state who you are.

For the record my name is Thomas A. Smith (tasman) and I am from Perrysburg, OH.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm sorry Larry, but I'm frustrated with the management of this board. Consider the fact that many here, excluding myself PAY to support this board. I believe that it should be their job to check on these "newbies" and verify it isn't a banned Member. It appears to be occurring all too frequently lately and ruining the experience of the long time Hobby Talkers. I haven't purchased a membership because Money is very tight. I'd love to support the board because I enjoy all the great information and entertaining posts that I find here. However, that being said the recent deluge of negative comments and irresponsible posters shows me this site needs to get it's act together. I'm ready to walk because of it, but I'd rather not.

I think we as members need to work on our attitudes, but I also think that warnings and the like should be done in Private, not in Public.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I will say, again, I am not Deane. I think a lot of the things going on lately, pulling threads that many enjoy and leaving HT and so on, are based not on post content but on an assumption about who I am. I do wish people would respond to a post not the poster and their previous form, but what can I do about it?

QUOTE]

You could always just state your name. That should end it unless there is another problem we are unaware of. But you seem to enjoy causing problems and are having a great time f'ing up everyone elses enjoyment of this board. You are the only one that could end this but you refuse. Why?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well I have been on HT for a few years looking and posting a thing or two.. I have talked with some great people that I have made friends with.. Made some great deals and got some awesome help when needed it. Most of you know my name Johnny Davis aka Hittman101.. You have talked to my wife on here Rcgirl aka Barbara or Barb and most of you know my daughters name and even sent her stuff time from time. Heck even some of you have sent are dog Gus treats.. HT in ways a big family that has its problems.. Lets just enjoy the Hobby and have fun look at customs, chatting and helping each other out..

·
TJET RACER
2,463 Posts
name

im darrell swisher in in indiana usa crown point . so chop just but your real name up so we know if u r who u say u r. not a menber that has been banned. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.