Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think it's kind of cool that NASCAR will be running a Nationwide race at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin next year? I'm pretty excited to see the big lumbering beasts on a 4-mile road course. I hope they don't dumb down the track layout for the NASCAR boys (and girl) like they do at the Glen. Will be cool.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
. . . I hope they don't dumb down the track layout for the NASCAR boys (and girl) like they do at the Glen . . .
This is my hope as well. RA is about an hour drive my my doorstep, while the mile is a 10 minute drive. Races at the Mile are boring, sorry, not nearly enough banking. I'll happily make the run to RA anytime. The place will probably be packed although NASCAR-fan oval snobs might take a pass. Guess we'll see.

And if Danica is there my TM will definitely want to go - we went to the Mile for the Indy car race last year and she is a Danica-maniac and Jr. fan.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And if Danica is there my TM will definitely want to go - we went to the Mile for the Indy car race last year and she is a Danica-maniac and Jr. fan.
Yeah, now we have two celebrity spokesmodels in NASCAR. "The Simple Life" meets "Boogity Boogity Boogity."

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think it is great that nascar is going even though its nationwide use to go see the old imsa races there. Will sprint cup be next? Probably not.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those cars should hit some high speeds at Road America.
If they don't alter the layout this will be great to see. This could be one of the premier events in the Nationwide series if it plays out as expected.

Look out deer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts