Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tower Hobbies used to be my source for Tamiya Spray Lacquer Paint rattle cans.
They have great prices as well as shipping.
Now it seems that the have been "temporarily unavailable" forever on the paint I need.
Any good sorce out there in the U.S.A. ?
thanks,
-Jim

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Not much help here Jim but...I was at my LHS today and the owner there told me "Tamiya says June"...

I need German Grey and Matt Black badly and haven't had any luck finding a substitute that performs as well. Somebody here suggested Model Master..

May just end up switching to acrylic for a few kits....sigh

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Matt.:)
Anyone else before this disappears on to page 2?
Thanks,
-Jim

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Tamiya paint had been hard to get because of labeling issues. Lucky Models in Hong Kong has always had a good supply. A good many of the Tamiya sprays are available now but some colors seem to have been discontinued or are at least not imported to the US any more (like some of the metallics and Clear Gloss)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
They're doing away with alkyd enamel paints in the U.S. WHY??? I think it's the enviromentalist nuts - they seem to want to eliminate anything harmful to the stratospheric gases, and beyond! I don't know how this will affect the foreign market or if even has anything to do with lacquer, but I know that they are becoming stricter on model based paints with any type of solvents in them as well as industrial paints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts