Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my local Walmart and as always I check out the M2's first before I do any other shopping. Well , the good news....ALL M2's were marked down (from $5.88 to $4.50) so I picked up 4 '57's that I already had but these were different color variations . So whats the 'Bad News" you may say..... This reminds me of a few years ago when I was collecting those little HO scaled vehicles in the simular Acrylic show cases that WalMart carried. When they started marking them down (I bought a ton of them at only $1 each ! ) it was a bitter sweet time , because I loved getting them that Cheap , but knew what was coming.....That's right , they quit carrying them. And now you don't see them anywhere ! Did the little company go out of bussiness once WalMart quit selling thier product ? I don't know , but this makes me worry about M2's future . Sean if your reading this and know for sure , please feel free to tell us we have nothing to worry about and we will be able to pick up our favorite diecast's for years to come ( I type with my fingers crossed LOL ).

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I was in two WMs on Friday and both had sheets posted for the fall reset. Both stores still showed M2s; one even had a spot for Auto-Lifts which I've never seen in a WM.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Mustang1..... You do not need to worry about M2 as Castline will be around for a very long time as long as us Collectors keep buying their products.

Walmart is only marking the M2s down to move out the old inventory to make room for the new inventory coming in...

If you like M2s products you will love the new stuff that is coming out. :D

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Yes, it's a common reset, they moved my whole diecast aisle 2 aisles down, and put all premium hw's, jada, and m2 and jl on clearance, i got a white lightning for 1.50.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was at the Wally World by me and they were in the process of rearranging their toy section. This Walmart has never had a big selection of M2 but today I found the new Auto Lifts and Auto Haulers both of which they never carried before. Plus there was a bunch of other new M2 pieces so I was very happy to pick up more new M2 pieces then I ever had before at this Walmart.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just got back from my local Walmart and as always I check out the M2's first before I do any other shopping. Well , the good news....ALL M2's were marked down (from $5.88 to $4.50) so I picked up 4 '57's that I already had but these were different color variations . So whats the 'Bad News" you may say..... This reminds me of a few years ago when I was collecting those little HO scaled vehicles in the simular Acrylic show cases that WalMart carried. When they started marking them down (I bought a ton of them at only $1 each ! ) it was a bitter sweet time , because I loved getting them that Cheap , but knew what was coming.....That's right , they quit carrying them. And now you don't see them anywhere ! Did the little company go out of bussiness once WalMart quit selling thier product ? I don't know , but this makes me worry about M2's future . Sean if your reading this and know for sure , please feel free to tell us we have nothing to worry about and we will be able to pick up our favorite diecast's for years to come ( I type with my fingers crossed LOL ).
The models you are referring to had the Malibu Int brand name , but were actually made by High Speed (HS), the mfgr that also made the initial castings for Greenlight and Grell in Europe( among a few others brands) But I confirmed from a GL representative at their HQs that HS has ceased operations. The good news is that GL was able to acquire the tools and dies to continue their motor World Series . Bad news is that GL did not obtain the equipment to reproduce the Readers Digest 63 T-Bird. All other models in that 8 car set were obtained by GL . I suspect GL may not have been aware of this last model from the RD Set, unfortunately. But the rumors that HS is "dead in the water" are confirmed. It is a shame as this company did produce some interesting pieces that no one else has as yet done; like the fire engines and antique sets. The latter were somewhat stylized , but still representative of cars no other mfgr has attempted, such as the ALCO, and a few others, I can't recall at present.
I'm sorry. My books, etc are packed for an upcoming move in 30 days and my data is not readily available . maybe someone else can list the cars I am thinking of?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Reset is done at the E York WM. A small space for A-H's; a separate spot for each of A-T's, D-M and for "Drivers". Three empty pegs for Auto-Lifts. Overall, slightly less space than allotted before for the boxed cars.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Reset is done at the E York WM. A small space for A-H's; a separate spot for each of A-T's, D-M and for "Drivers". Three empty pegs for Auto-Lifts. Overall, slightly less space than allotted before for the boxed cars.
I can't imagine that happening at my local Walmart. They only had one facing for the 'premium' cars and one facing for the 'Drivers', and even I have to admit they didn't sell very well. I am worried whether the store will even keep what M2 facings they do have.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Mustang1..... You do not need to worry about M2 as Castline will be around for a very long time as long as us Collectors keep buying their products.

Walmart is only marking the M2s down to move out the old inventory to make room for the new inventory coming in...

If you like M2s products you will love the new stuff that is coming out. :D

Your right there Liv, the mark downs are to get ready for the influx of Christmas stuff. It will be a slow couple of weeks but the Christmas items should be here in Sept.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You guys are lucky; the Walmarts near me all stopped carrying the M2s after last Christmas, they have none now and no spaces for them. I'll see about resets, but I doubt they'll have M2s again... and the resets will take them until mid-December anyhow.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Looked at the reset sheets at one of the Wal Marts near me. No M2. Will have to check others if the reset follows as shown

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
The reset is completed at my local Walmart, but they never marked down any M2s! They just added the new with the old. I guess I should be glad they still carry the M2s!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I wish M2 will make more of the 1/24 line of sporty cars. All the way from the body to the chassis, they are wonderfully detailed. Sometimes I catch them in Walmart and Toys R Us but not seeing any lately.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My Wallmart's reset coincided with Flint's "Back to the Bricks" car cruise. They put up new stock from every die cast manufacturer including lines they never carried before. For example they have never carried the M2 Auto-Haulers line before but yesterday I found a full set of Series 7.

They also have Maisto's version of M2's Ground Pounders which I I've never seen before. I can't remember what they were called.

I suppose that's a good sign for the holiday season around here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You guys were right on the reset's....

Just got back from another WalMart (this time in Evansville In. ) was passing by and thought I would go inside and see what their plans were for the "Reset". Like many of you had mentioned they moved the Diecast Isle over 2 Isle's , but the inventory had not changed from my last visit AND this WalMart had chosen Not to mark anything down ! I checked out the M2's , Drivers , and AutoHaulers and was just ready to walk away when I noticed ...."There was a Change " ! They had added "Auto Lifts" and while I was looking through them.....there it was . The AutoLifts "Camaro 2 Pack" with the Gold car on top ! Yee Haw , This could get interesting hitting the WalMarts and looking for GOLD ( or in some case's "Black and Gold "! ) Tommorrows journey will take the wife and I past 3 different WalMarts...I can't wait. I'll tell you tommorow night if I find anymore goodies !

·
Registered
520 Posts
My local Walmart has done their reset - still have M2 and actually expanded the shelf space slightly too! Added Auto-Haulers and 1:24 M2. Still stocking Johnny Lightning as well. They cut back on Hot Wheels and Matchbox peg space. Still have Pixar CARS stuff too.

Meijer's across the street still has M2 and Greenlight but Johnny Lightning has been gone over a year now.

Have to check some other nearby Walmarts and Meijer's to see if they have changed recently diecast-wise or not...

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Wally stopped stocking the M2's. Reset is done in toys. As it was going on I read all the reset sheets and knew this was coming as they were not on them. Luckily there is another WM in the adjacent town and they are carrying them.

My Wally also dropped all the HW premium lines, but luckily again the other WM has them.

There sure is a glut of M2's that have sat at both stores for many months. My WM clearanced them, but the nearby one kept them and has straightened them up daily for about 6 months now. I honestly think that for $5.88 they will never sell. That is not a complaint, as I know these cars are worth it, but in this economy the high priced stuff sits longer than cheaper stuff. The best movers (never warm the shelf) are the pickup trucks...those I (and everyone else here in Maine) cannot leave alone!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts