Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put out a call for a Hot Wheels Rebel Machine a little while back, and Eric (Messer262) answered. I ended up purchasing the AMC, and the red Corvette from him. But he certainly made it well worth my ten bucks when he included some other goodies. Like the custom wheel swap Bentley that he made himself.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Theyre all pretty nice indeed. Especially the Little Red Corvette. ;)

That Bentley had an awesome wheel swap but it does make me sad to see the thick paint caked over the back of the car like snow. Of course that's not Eric's fault.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Congrats on getting the AMC .... That Bentley is off the chart .... Great job Eric in the wheel swap..... Puts that Bentley in a whole different group of Cars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The paint on the Bentley does look like caked on snow after a storm. I don't think the Matchbox version was like that. I think I'll detail the exhaust pipes, rear badge, and a couple other things to bring them out.

It would have been nice if Hot Wheels had done those AMC stripes a little more neat, but it's a small issue, easilly remedied with touch-up. I think they should standardize premium graphics and clearcoat finish for any car in the $4 USD range and up. Even the Monster Jams have that. The Dragstrip Demons had it too, and they were about $5.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You're right but I think the tampos need to go.
I seem to recall seeing a Machine in a solid color, but I'm completely unsure if they were available from the factory that way. Of course, one could always get rid of the hood scoop/tach, maybe re-shape the hood, paint it a solid color, and have that "sleeper" look.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I seem to recall seeing a Machine in a solid color, but I'm completely unsure if they were available from the factory that way. Of course, one could always get rid of the hood scoop/tach, maybe re-shape the hood, paint it a solid color, and have that "sleeper" look.
The Machine was available in other colors. Not sure how many colors, or how many cars were actually built in those colors. But here is one in Mossport Green Metallic. It'll be interesting to see what HW's does for a re-color of this car.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have at least one extra maybe 2 or 3. I'll check after dinner. Ill check this post for who was chasing them and offer in that order.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I've seen some in different colors - I think that green was one of them - from Johnny Lightning. I've been trying to get my hands on a few of them as I saw them come up for auction but have been outbid so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts