Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New to both R/C and the site. Picked up a mini late model from a buddy of minie and realized that even though it is plenty quick in stock trim, im gonna wanna go faster here pretty soon. Wondering what is a good brushless setup for this car, both in terms of speed and longevity? I was content until i saw one run with a brushless and now i think i need to do it lol. Also realize that i should upgrade the chassis and suspension, what are a good shock to run? trying to keep it on a budget, if i spend as much on this as i used to the big cars the wife will shoot me

thanks in advance everybody!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Budget usually dont last for very long..Go with a mamba 25 esc and if you can still find them a mamba 8000kv motor..you will have a mini rocket..i just sold a spare set up of this combo for $50..if you look around on other boards you can run across them for a decent price.
In stock form the minis get boring real quick.when you go brushless with lipo they are insane.Be prepared to upgrade or replace diffs and drivetrain..I have a rc18b and a rc18t and 3 mini lst's.oh..a mini revo and mini summit.all brushless..none are stock anymore..good luck and let the wife know that its only $10 everytime the mailman drops a package off and it will be ok

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I would go with the Hobbywing 35a. The 25a wont cut it. I have tried it and it kept reseting and that was with a 4200kv motor.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Go with the Hobbywing. I've had both and the throttle was much smoother on the HW than the Castle. Plus the price is better. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts