Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting started collecting diecast and the 1/32 scale size works best for me .So far ! have 4 Kinsmart and 2 unknown would like to get some with more detail and maybe moving wheels .What are some good brands to look at .My favorite cars are Lotus and McLarens but I like most exotics .Any advice would be appreciated .Thanks and Happy Holidays

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Interesting that you are mainly considering 1/32 scale.

"National Motor Museum Mint" and "Jada" could be two brands worth looking at.

Looking forward to pics of your collection.

Have Fun!

Eric

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
You mention that you have some Kinsmart cars but want more detail. Also, given that you like exotics, based on those two pieces of information, I would highly recommend looking into 1/43 scale cars instead. 1/32 is a bit of an odd duck scale wise and most things in that scale will fall closer to the toy grade end of the spectrum. If you are in the US and hoping to shop retail then 1/32 is a decent scale as you have the Kinsmart and other pullbacks such as RMZ City that are often found in grocery stores and drug stores, plus Jada that you can find at Walmart. In 1/43 there isnt as much at retail in the states. Greenlight at Toys R Us is pretty much it. But it's the most widely collected scale worldwide and if you plan on using EBay or other online sites you will find a nearly infinite selection in varying prices and incredible detail. I'm also a big exotic car collector (Ferrari's primarily) and if I had it all to do over again would have collected 1/43.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Kinsmart/Kinsfun, Jada, etc. cover the "1:32" segment pretty well on their own.
But I concur with the others, and suggest looking into 1:43 scale. It's not a whole lot bigger,
but there is so much good stuff in that scale in various price ranges.

Jpepe, you said you like McLarens, check out HPI Racing.
They make/made a very nice F1 GTR in 1:43, in fact I just bought myself one for Christmas.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I'll third the 1/43 reccomendation. Better selection of models and brands by far, but you will probably have to buy almost everything online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts