Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stepped out to get the mail for a minute and come back to this.......

My 3 year old son and 6 year old nephew got a hold of my two favorite Mustangs (which I had no idea they had) and somehow manage to wreck them.:cry:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Damn that looks painful. Somehow, with all of the cars and toys I have, my boys have only damaged two. Pulled the top off a 1/43 Matchbox Fairlane, and broke the wind up feature on a small Godzilla. I feel blessed.
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well so far these are the first two that have been damaged. The 67' Shelby "Eleanor" by Shelby Collectibles I can probably still find a replacement either online or at TRU, but the 67' Mustang GT500 by ERTL can't find that anymore (at least in that color).

It's kind of my fault I left my office/room unlock and they must have gone in there and took it from my desk. Not sure how long they were playing with them but I did notice everytime I looked at them, it seem like they were hiding something from me, I should of known.

The smaller Mustangs belong to my son. Don't know how they manage to get one of them through the window. Yes it's really painful to see this.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I'm sorry you had to lose those two 'Stangs, but you have to admit, this shows that kids have more fun with this stuff than we allow ourselves to. I would be furious for about a second, but you just have to laugh at the site of this.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Time for Customizing!

Hopefully the Ertl car is salvagable for display purposes. I had my youngest get a hold of my Creative Masters '65 Shelby right after it came out, and my heart sank as I came in.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
:( wow that's horrid.

But on a positive note, now you can customize them as the "after" version of the Eleanor used in the car chase!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( wow that's horrid.

But on a positive note, now you can customize them as the "after" version of the Eleanor used in the car chase!!
Funny you mentioned that, because I was looking at my "Eleanor" and noticed the missing side mirror on the passenger side and I just remembered in the movie that same side mirror had also broken off.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
...a little paint, a little body filler....

Sad to see the destruction. I have that same Eleanor. You can still find one at TRU. Not familiar with the Ertl car, but how bad is it? Looks like it faired much better than the Eleanor.

"Cinema Vehicle Services actually produced 12 different "Eleanors" for use in the production of this film. None of the 12 were actual Shelby Mustangs but converted standard 1967 Mustang fastbacks. Of those cars, seven survived the filming in various states of repair. A 13th Eleanor, based on a real 1967 Shelby GT500 was prepared by Cinema Vehicle Services for producer Jerry Bruckheimer, but that car did not appear in the film."

"Seven Eleanor replicas were made for use in this movie. Five of them were totaled during stunt sequences. Nicolas Cage and Jerry Bruckheimer kept the remaining two. Cage regularly takes Eleanor out for joy rides while Bruckheimer is afraid of driving her."

-from imdb.com

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
You could turn this around to a positive lesson to your nephew about respecting other peoples property. Violent little bugger, ain't he?!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sad to see the destruction. I have that same Eleanor. You can still find one at TRU. Not familiar with the Ertl car, but how bad is it? Looks like it faired much better than the Eleanor.

-from imdb.com
Yes I've seen them at my local TRU, I better get them before they are all gone. The ERTL car's passenger door hinge is bent and the two front wheels were completely broken off. I may still be able to save the ERTL car but the other one is a complete lost.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
W:freak:W Sorry for the loss.

How many grey hairs did you get when you spotted the Cars?

I have to say, it's amazing in how a Child can get the broken in look of a
Diecast Car in such a short amount of time. I remember when I was younger
I would break them in within a week with scratches and broken parts. I wasn't
kind with my Redlines when I was a young boy. Who knew they would of been
a very saught after toy when I was 2yr old. LOL... Now today I wish I had 2/3
of them back in my Collection. I at least have great memories of playing with
them in the 70's.

You should be very greatful they weren't HW Redlines, RRRumblers or the VHTF
Zowees.

You can find them again I am sure as they aren't all that old when being produced.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss! A friend was at my house a couple weeks ago with his 5 yr old. The little rug rat took the covers off the back of the tv an dvd player remotes, then went in bathroom and flushed them, now I have cardboard and duct tape for covers.......................KIDS!! UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGG!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts