Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a "Stick & Tissue" (Balsa Wood) kit from a company called Golden Age Reproductions. It is from a original 1934 print by Dudley model co. About 75% is scratch built.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I'm getting ready to do an old Sig Monocoupe kit, but without the tissue covering. I plan to scale up the kit for electric flight - at about 32" wingspan.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Sig's Monocoupe is a good, solid kit but a bit heavy. Enlarging it will help if you do some work to keep the weight down. The Monocoupe and Mr. Mulligan were kit versions of a couple of well known (40 years ago) contest winning designs. Easy Built has a nice big electric Monocoupe too.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That is some incredible work. You definitely have a gift. Looking forward to seeing the completed aircraft.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Sig's Monocoupe is a good, solid kit but a bit heavy. Enlarging it will help if you do some work to keep the weight down. The Monocoupe and Mr. Mulligan were kit versions of a couple of well known (40 years ago) contest winning designs. Easy Built has a nice big electric Monocoupe too.
I've built 5-6 of the Monocoupes, and even a clipped wing variant, and I used to fly a 1/4 scale 90a That I built from plans, heavily modified. I'm a sucker for the Monocoupes. I even located a copy of "Of Monocoupes and Men" By Underwood. On my HO scale layout I have the little Hallmark N101H , John McCullock's current 110 Special. I got a ride in Lil Butch before John donated it to the NASM. It's hanging at the Udvar-Hasey near Enola Gay.
I have 3 Coupe kits left, `1 Mulligan 3 Peck J3's a Velie Monocoupe from Flyline, and a comet set with 110 and some other plane I can't recall.

Good thing I'm not Hard Core.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts