Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to pick up one gold series car that I wanted at B.L.... the 66 Nova...
Open most of mine... so...
The Nova came out and goes in my 60's Nova display... the cool little display box is great for rotating a special car for display on a desk, and it keeps they dust off!...
even the re-sealable protecto-cover you can use for displaying other JL you want to keep in the package!.... Also found that those nice Shelby series (other manufacturer) fit real nice in them...they have the oversize bubble that the whole blister and car fits in, since they got the car inside with the hood and doors open...and I like the big snake on the card to display!

Detail great on the Nova, by the way... love the chassis and engine compartment... I see, again, that the interior is all one color...one big blob of plastic.. JL, with as much detail as they put into these cars, just can't seem to get away from the one color blob of plastic for the interiors... I saw the new cast of the Camaro convert. had some nice two-tone in the interior, but is that the only one?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Glad you found what you needed . The only Big Lots near me has nothin ...

But I bought most of the Golds when they first came out , Only did see 1 set of them at TRU . They never got any more ...
The reusable packaging is nice . Ive used the cases for other cars too . Its one of the recycled Ertl items ( from RT66 cars) thats OK .

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Since those Gold cars were from last year, maybe they will make the newer releases with more detailed interiors, such as the Firebird convertible and the Camaro. Those look really great with all the added color. Seems like that should be a feature of the Gold Series too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts