Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually went to TRU hoping to get a peek of the head to head olds 442's(waiting for my online orders to arrive),instead my TRU had the gold series muscle cars 5 hanging on the pegs...I love these gold series cars.

Anyway got to looking and noticed the 67 ford fairlane gt has the chassis sheetmetal painted body color which happens to be white on this model...I fell in love with this look...it looks great to me.

So here is my curious question...What 1:1 cars came from the factory with their underchassis sheetmetal painted body color?

·
Registered
123 Posts
sounds like you might have a whitelightning on your hands. the only time I have ever seen a real 1:1 car haveing a bodycolor chasis ( ie, floorpans, not frame rails) was on a few pontiacs.....
wayne james ( modelocar )

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Thats not a WL . The painted chassis is to represent the overspray on the floorpans , like Mustangs & Mopar unibodies have . But JL painted the whole chassis instead . There have been a couple on epay as WL's already ..

I want a 'gold' WL of the Fairlane ! None have shown up on epay yet ..

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh,I see...I thought the painting of the chassis sheetmetal was on purpose when actually it's just overspray...ok,thanks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts